I Carry Your Heart With Me

Flash forward-Alaric's House 2016

Third Person Pov

Three years from now, in an unknown town, Alaric is sitting at the dining room table of a house, where he is using a soldering iron to attach wires to some kind of machinery.

His face is covered in sweat, and initially, it looks as though Alaric is wiring a bomb or some other explosive.

However, once he's finished he reveals that he was actually trying to fix a baby doll.

He pushes the button to test it, but when it doesn't work, he groans in annoyance.

Oh, damn it! "He groaned.

Just then, two very young girls appear next to the table.

Then emely's kids appear behind them.

Shawn who changed his eyes to look like his father.

And Autumn who loved the way she looked.

They are two sets of fraternal twins.

The other set one of whom has brown hair and one has dark blonde hair, and are probably only three or four years old.

Shawn and Autumn are four or five years old.

Is it fixed yet? "Both girls asked.

Not yet. Sweetheart, it's past all of your bedtime! "Alaric said smiling.

No! "They all complained.

Yes, it is! Do you want to brush your teeth? "Alaric asked.

The girls giggle loudly land run away.

Shawn and Autumn smile at Ric.

He smiles back.

They both teleported next to the twin girls.

Hey! No magic. "Ric said sternly.

Autumn and shawn giggle.

Alaric chuckles and calls after them as they continue to run into the other room as they all giggle hysterically.

Alaric then mutters under his breath as he turns off the lamp on the table.

Surgery will have to resume tomorrow. "Alaric said.

Alaric raises his voice to call out to the girls and the other twins.

All right. Josie, help your sister find her PJs, okay? Shawn do the same. "Alaric said.

The all continue to giggle and run around.

However, after a long moment, they become silent, and when Alaric notices the lack of noise, he begins to get concerned.

Girls? Shawn? "Alaric called.

When he gets no response, he begins to seriously worry and stands to his feet.

He then walks over to a nearby cupboard, where he opens one of the doors and pulls out one of his stake-shooting guns, which has four additional stakes attached to the side.

He then slowly walks out into the foyer and cocks his gun before seeing something ahead of him and gaping in shock.

Emely and Damon are standing in the threshold of the open front door while Alaric's daughters stand between then and stare at him in confusion.