The Nightmare Begins

Morgana's Chambers

I'm standing next to the king as Merlin cleans up the burnt fragments and glass.

I've been angry at him for not telling me that I'm basically stuck here.

But other than that the king wanted me to cheer Morgana up since he wants her to have a royal friend.

I don't think he likes Gwen very much.

I came back in with some extra blankets. There was a candle, but I put it out. "Gwen explained.

Are you sure? "Uther asked.

I blew it out, I swear. "Gwen stated.

Gwen's been Morgana's servant for years. If she said she blew it out, I believe her. "Joshua stated firmly.

She gave him a grateful smile.

He only nodded.

She could've been burnt alive. "Uther said sternly.

Lightning struck the castle roof last night, that could've started the fire. "Arthur added.

Perhaps. "Uther hummed.

What other explanation is there? "Arthur asked?

Someone started the fire deliberately. "Uther stated.

My lord, I just think this was a little accident. Morgana is frightened. I should tend to her. "I said softly.

He nodded as I bowed and walked away.

Third Person Pov

Uther, Joshua, and Arthur walk down the corridor.

How did they reach Morgana's chambers unchallenged? "Uther questioned.

I don't know. There are too many guards. It shouldn't be possible. "Arthur stated.

And yet they managed to do so. "Uther said sternly.

We can't explain it. "Joshua added.

Well I can. They used magic. Arrest all those we have under suspicion. "Uther ordered.

That's gonna take time. "Joshua told him firmly.

My ward has been attacked. Time is something we do not have. "Uther said angrily.

Merlin's and Gaius's Chambers

Merlin approaches the room and overhears Gaius and Morgana.

What I don't understand, Morgana is how the fire started in the first place. "Gaius said.

It happened so quickly. It was terrifying. "Morgana stated.

It's alright. You're safe now. "Gaius said comforting her.

You're the only person I've told about my dreams. I know I can trust you, Gaius. "Morgana told him.

Yes, of course you can. "Gaius replied.

It was me. I set the room alight. I started the fire. "She confessed.

I don't understand. Did you knock a candle over? "Gaius questioned.

No that's not what happened. I did it just by looking at it, the flames suddenly leapt higher. "Morgan's said frantic.

It could've been a gust of wind. "Gaius dismissed.

It wasn't. It was me. It was magic. And I've had strange dreams of Amelia. She was wearing strange clothes. "Morgana stated confused.

Gaius looked surprised.