33. Sorry

#MMCLIS

Kumunot ang noo ko as Jin Young looks devastated already before he even saw us. My heart boomed. His expression immediately changed in a second. He's fuming mad and I'm shaking so much, that I can't clearly think of words to stop Jin Young and help Chanyeol.

"Fuck, dude! You're my best friend!" Sinugod ni Jin Young si Chanyeol saka sinutok nang malakas. Napasigaw ako sa gulat at sinubukan kong awatin si Jin Young.

"Jin Young! Stop! Let me explain!" pagpigil ko ngunit hindi pa rin siya nagpapigil. He's so mad, his eyes looks so tired and bloodshot, and he's shaking, probably from uncontrollable anger.

"How the fuck did you . . . why did you . . .?" Pumiyok ang boses ni Jin Young.

Jin Young never let us explained, and I think he'll never will. Not now at least. I can tell that his mind is closed and he's debating inside. Though the anger he's showing us seems that there's something more than what we all know.

Bakit ba kasi nandito si Jin Young? I wasn't updated or even get any heads-up! At saka cool off kami kaya nakakapagtaka talagang ganito siya ngayon at nandito rin siya sa Busan. Everything is just so messed up. Alam ko namang magiging messed up siya, but I didn't expect it to be this much.

"Jin Young, bian!" I tried to reach for his arm pero inilayo niya ito sa akin. Ngumiwi ako, tears started to fall down on my face. "Please, hear out my explanations. Please!"

"How long, Janella? Are you also aware of it that you easy succumbed to his attempts?" Huminga siya nang malalim para siguro pakalmahin ang sarili. "Janella! You're my girlfriend. You're mine and yet . . ." mahina niyang tanong.

He look so lost. Hinawakan niya ang buhok niya at ginulo 'yon. He looked at us with murderous eyes, but I could tell, sa gilid ng mga mata niya, there are tears waiting to fall.

"Is that why you're so eager to break up with me? Is that why you can easily cast me aside, Janella? You're so unfair, Little Duckie." Umiling-iling siya. "Here I am, thinking of what I've done that made you left me. I really did think hard, Janella. I wanted you back. I will always want you back. That's why I really repented a lot. But . . ."

"I'm sorry, Jin Young." That's all I can manage to say. Answering his questions might help, but I chickened out, hindi ko kayang sagutin ang mga tanong niya.

It's hard, alam kong ano man ang isagot ko, ganito pa rin ang resulta, may masasaktan pa rin. It's unfair, but I know it won't change the facts that life is unfair.

This is why, in life, every decision you will make matters. You have to think through every possible outcomes and side effects of each choice you've given. One decision you make can cause your future to change. That's why God made sure we were all given our own brains and sufficient knowledge to always think it through before we decide. It's our choice that will define our future. It's our decision, and once it's done, it's done.

"Three weeks," Chanyeol answered. Matalim ang tingin na ibinato ni Jin Young kay Chanyeol. Binalingan ko si Chanyeol and saw that exact same expression. Both never faltered, only that, si Jin Young ay may halong pagkabigo while Chanyeol is fiercer and confident—he looks ready.

"Fuck you!" Akmang susugod ulit si Jin Young pero pumagitna ako sa kanilang dalawa.

"Stop it!" sigaw ko.

My eyes glistened with tears, too. Chanyeol was shocked nang pumagitna ako sa kanila. Jin Young looks disheartened. Malungkot ang kanyang mata at parang winawasak nito ang aking puso.

I feel guilty. Ang dami niya ng masasakit na karanasan tapos dumagdag pa ako. I'm really sorry, Jin Young.

"How could you, Chanyeol? I trusted you the most and you're the one who even had the guts to do that?! Chanyeol, you're ruthless! You don't deserve to be loved at all!" Jin Young shouted. Umamba siyang susuntok ulit pero niyakap ko siya to make him stop.