1.

[tate]
the class bell rang. i grabbed my books and headed out the door. i fucking hated school. everything about it wanted me to die. sarcasm. note. ok maybe it's a little true. the people the teachers. the only reason i was here was because i needed to go to college. i'm a broke high school student. by that i mean i don't live with my parents. don't ask. i live with my best friend gabriela. gabbie was the only friend i'd ever made. she made me happy. and the fact she could stand me shocked me. as usual the hallways were crowded. people just wanted to get the fuck out of school. it was super easy to bump into people. expecially the baseball team rushing out  for practice. suddenly someone bumped me.
"sorry" i mumbled softly.
"what was that for?"
"it was an accident jonah stop being a dick"
"i'm not being a dick"
"surely act like one"
jonah. marais. he wasn't entirely bad. i mean sure he was a cliche baseball popular kid. but he was a huge player. not just for baseball. he was with someone new everyday. i didn't have time for his bullshit.
i walked away without looking back at him. school was over. i wasn't going to spend time in there arguing with him. sure he was attractive. but i didn't want to waste my time trying to be with someone i'm certain i can't have.
"tate!"
i looked up from me fumbling with my books. it was jack. my best friend. jack and i were close because of his girlfriend who is gabbie. my favourite person in the world. he hugged me as we walked to his car.
"saw you bump into him and him yelling at you"
"jack i'm fine"
"was he rude?"
jack was the overprotective brother i never had.
"is gabriela still?"
"sick" i pouted.
his smile faded.
"aww lover boy is missing his girl"
he rolled his eyes and messed his hair. i buckled my seatbelt as he drove me to work. jack glanced back every 5 seconds.
"what?" i questioned.
jack didn't reply. he pursed his lips.
"jack robert" i started.
"you remind me of gabbie" he said sighing.
"aww"
jack is the type of guy that every girl would die for. he was adorable. he was sweet. and he was respectful. when gabbie was feeling down, he'd surprise her. sometimes he even slept over. i am the hugest 3rd wheeler. ever.
"how was your day?" i said.
"boring"
"chem was fun though"
"your too smart for my 2 braincells"
i laughed. jack acts dumb but he's so smart.
"didn't you get a full A on the quiz?"
jack smirked.
"you smart bitch" i punched his arm.
"tate!!" he whined.
i snickered. jack is the only one who can handle my stupidity. he pulled up to the theatre i work at. his head slumped.
"please"
"no" i said unbuckling.
i got out of the car as jack ran out too.
"tate i don't like leaving you here"
"i'm going to be ok" i said relaxing him.
the theatre i work at used to be the place where jack and i used to go watch movies when we were younger. it was nostalgic for me working there but it brought back all the good memories. jack was always scared of the dark dim hallways so everytime he drops me off he whines to come along.
"can i go over to gabbie's"
"she's really sick"
"i don't care"
jack turned around and grabbed the door handle. he glanced back up at me. he smiled.
"be safe ok?" he said concernly.
"off course" i walked over and hugged him.
"bye tater tot" he laughed.
the shift was the usual. i worked in the food register. the classic throwing food everywhere by 7 year olds or teenage girls bringing blankets with their boyfriends. i wouldn't say i hated what i did. i just hated the fact my shift was so long. 3 whole hours. well more than that i just plan to ditch afterwards.
"hey tate"
it was corbyn.
"hey weirdo" i said tipping his hat that was a part of our uniforms.
"i hate this place. i want to die"
daily corbyn.
"what's wrong now?" i pouted.
"i got a A- in chem"
"i got a fucking B shut up besson"
corbyn is the kid that works the shift with me. he's really nice to be around. he's in mine and jack's chem class.
"you look upset what's up?"
"period"
he looked down. i giggled.
"can you give me a ride after school?"
"yeah" he answered starting the popcorn machine.
the rest of the shift was ok. usually around 6:00 pm we start on homework. the funny thing is we both sit on the counters and just lay down while people order stuff they want. once corbyn almost broke the scanner with his ass.
"since when are we using quadratics in history?"
corbyn looked up.
"mr. uni hates everyone" he sighed.
"let me guess you got an A-?"
"worse...a B+"
"corbyn you'll live" i said nudging his foot.
corbyn shook his head and climbed off the counter.
"redlight theatres how can i serve you?"
i looked over to the girl ordering.
"hey are you ok?" i heard corbyn say.
"yeah i'm just here by myself."
corbyn exited the work area and hugged the girl. she had brown medium length hair and was wearing a white hoodie.
"what's your name?"
"christina."
i smiled. you could see a tint of pink rising on corbyn's cheeks.
"corbyn why don't you watch it with her?"
corbyn shot his head back. his eyes blinked rapidly.
"i'll take the shift it's only a hour longer"
corbyn mouthed words.
"tate what the fuck"
i talked with my eyes. looking at him and then christina. i cocked my head to the theatre. corbyn exhaled.
"d-do y-ou um want um- me t-to co-me w-ith you?"
"yeah i don't mind" she smiled.
corbyn looked back and shot a look.
"i love and fucking hate you"
i blew him a kiss.
the rest of the hour i worked on chemistry math and english. math was hard. corbyn usually gave me the answers to the problems because i was a stupid piece of shit. soon my shift ended as i looked around to see corbyn walk out of the theatre. beat red.
"ooo" i played.
"stop" he said grabbing his book bag.
"tell me you got her number"
"i did" he mumbled.
"WHAT? SPEAK WHAT HAPPENED?"
"shhh!"
the whole walk to his car he explained the little things that made his heart flutter and i "aww" ed at every sentence.
"ask her out"
"no way"
"please."
"...what if she doesn't like me?"
i furrowed my brows.
"she's in love with you corbyn accept it!"
he stopped at my house.
"our house" the house gabbie and i shared.
"see you tomorrow?"
"yeah" i hugged his side from the passenger side closing the car door and making my way inside.
i opened the door and walked to gabbie's room. she was asleep. i sighed. i laid her assignments i grabbed from her classes on her desk as i went to the bathroom to take a shower. i changed into comfortable clothes glancing back at gabbie. she was adorable. poor gabs was throwing up and being sick. i sighed. i hope she gets better soon. as i brushed my teeth my phone ringed. it was probably jack checking to see if i got kidnapped. i dropped my toothbrush at the text.

today 11:32 pm
unknown: hi it's jonah. marais.