26

Your point of view.

Seeing your soulmate hurt is pretty painful.

Seeing your soulmate get beaten was agony.

The way the Batman laid into him made every inch of my body feel like pins and needles were striking every nerve. Why wouldn't he just tell him where those damn people were? Was it worth all of this!?

Then when Batman threatened me, any respect I had for him flew right out the window. Jack was right. Batman was no better than the rest of them.

As he pushes me towards Jack, I slammed into him and wrap my arms around him. But not too tightly because I knew he was injured. Once his arms wrap around me, I felt like I was finally whole again.

Once Batman left, an officer tried to take me away from him.

"I wouldn't do that buckaroo," Jack hisses as he pulls me to the other side of him.

The officer lifts his hands up and places himself back at the door.

He begins to slide down to the ground, and I follow him. "What were you thinking!?" I hissed in a hushed whisper.

His brown eyes flash to me. "Me? What were YOU thinking my dear. I told you to stay home. And now you've made things more complicated."

I grumble in annoyance and tried to push him away. But his grip on me was right; I wasn't going anywhere.

"What's going to happen to us?" I whisper into his ear and I take a glance at the officer who stood there with crossed arms and glaring straight ahead.

His hand comes up and pats my face. "You don't have to worry about that baby, just follow me when the time's right."

"Ha, if you think you'll be seeing the light of day after this then my momma must be a lama," the officer snaps back.

Jack slowly turns his head towards him, his eyebrow lifting. "What does she like to eat? Hay or oats?"

The officer scoffs.

Jack holds me close, as he continues. "Do I at least get my phone call?"

"You've got to be kidding me," the officer spits.

Jack shrugs his shoulders, his hands going up in surrender. "It's common protocol."

"You killed my friend you bastard," he hisses, taking a step away from the door.

"Oh was that me? You know why I use a knife?" He says and I feel a shudder down my spine. What was he doing? He must have a plan if he's purposely antagonizing the guy.

"Guns are two quick, you can't savor all the little emotions," He continues, and I feel his hand slip to my thigh. Was he trying to tell me something. "Whenever someone's about to die, their true self comes out."

You can tell that the cop was getting tense with every word Jack was saying.

"You want to know which of them were cowards?"

That was the final line for the cop to begin rolling up his sleeves. "That's it. Your probably going to enjoy this more than I am."

Fear engulfs me as the cop comes forward, probably getting his own beat in with the Joker. He shoved me away before grabbing the Joker by the collar and hosting him up.

"No!" I cry out but what can I do!? Suddenly, I remembered that my cop costume had a fake badge pin on my shirt. They never took it. How careless.

Before the cop could land a punch I unhooked the pin and with a scream, jabbed it into the cop's neck. He hollers and Jack used the opportunity to knee him in the gut and elbow the guy across the face. He lands on the ground and Jack grabs him by the shirt and slams him into the glass. "Nice work princess," he praises and I bit my lip.