5

Joker's Point of View

The absolute nerve of that woman! I bring her food yet she decides to act like that. No, no, no, that would not do at all. If she thought that she could walk all over me, she had another thing coming. But I couldn't deny the feeling that surged through me at touching her skin for the first time. It sent waves of unbelievable pleasure through my body and it took all of my self control to not rip her clothes from her and fuck her against the wall.

Her temper was distasteful but the fire in her eyes was mesmerizing. And when I sparked fear in those beautiful hazel orbs, it gave me a sense of power I so greedily craved. Her whole self was addicting, and I hated it. I hated the feeling of relief when in the same room with her, the feeling of completeness and satisfaction when my eyes lay upon her.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone buzzing in my breast pocket. I reach in and grab the flimsy flip phone and looked down at the caller ID. I smirk as I answer. "Mikey, you got what I asked for?" 

"Yeah boss! I'm here now."

"Perfect, just uh, meet me in the lobby."

Next Scene

Apartment Lobby

The building I currently resided in was five stories and deep in the Narrows neighborhood. It had been abandoned so I took over and renovated it with the money I've stolen for the past few months. It was the perfect hideout since most people expected me to live in some wacky old factory or even down in the sewers. I knew better. The bat would never expect a normal looking apartment building would be where I kept all my men and fun things.

As I walked into the lobby I noticed Malcolm immediately, he was leaning against the wall with a folder in his hands.

He was one of the first men I recruited into my little possy and one who I had deemed too useful to get rid of. He was an ex-detective turned fugitive after using his hacking skills to hack into the local bank. With nowhere to go and on the run from the police, he earned his spot along my side in exchange for a generous salary and his life. So far he's served me well enough for me to keep him around, I only hope he doesn't fuck up.

"Mickey, glad to see you still follow instruction," I drawl, hinting towards the folder.

He forces a smile and hands me the folder. "Here ya go boss. Everything you wanted. Cute girl, using her for ransom? Though I don't know why, she's not very important."

Anger suddenly surged through me and without even thinking, I had my knife pulled and pressed tightly to his throat. I didn't know what caused me to lash out, but it was is if instinct had taken over me. "It's none of your, business. And call her 'cute' one more time and that'll be the last thing you say."

Fear crept up to his eyes and I relished in it. He nodded slowly and I released him. I smoothed out his clothes and patted his chest. The unexpected emotion of jealousy had vanished and I replaced it with a forced smile. "Good, now I have another task for you."

I could see his jaw clench and his Adam's apple bob as he tried to recompose himself. "Anything you need boss!"

I enjoyed the submission these men gave me. They knew who was in charge and they knew who had their life in the palm of their hand. Now with the sudden interruption of my oh so precious soulmate, I had a feeling that I'll be replacing many of these 'faithful' subjects that so bravely follow me. It was no lie that (Y/N) was beautiful, and it nearly made me want to crave her face! But the thought of anyone touching her or anything happening to her made my hair stand on end and my cold black heart clench with protectiveness.