3

Joker's Point of View

As soon as I slammed the door shut I wanted to place a hole in the drywall in front of me. My heart still raced in my ears and wish I could rip it out. That woman was not something I had expected.

Soulmates. The word made my blood boil and I turn and stalk down the hall. I make it to my room and I pull out the key and unlock it. I barge into my room and throw off my jacket. I began to pace back and forth, my thoughts all over the place as usual. I began to rip off my clothes, by body sweaty from the action and from her.

I make my way to the bathroom and glare at the broken mirror. The small mark on my chest glared back at me. It was a small crown, which was ironically the reason why I called her my princess. As soon as I stepped into the bank I could feel the effects of the soulmark and I knew my supposedly 'mate' was in the bank. When it pulled me to her I couldn't have imagine that the person destined to be mine would be so beautiful. Someone like me didn't deserve to have anyone, but Mother Nature had other plans.

There's been many times where I almost skinned off the mark, especially after the accident. When I finally began to see the world for what it really was, the thought of having a soulmate flew out the window. No one would understand me. But when I saw her, everything seemed to change. I had a half mind of sending a bullet through her brain, and ending both of our misery. But looking into those pretty eyes, it was as if I physically couldn't come to actually pulling the trigger.

I wanted her. I couldn't deny that. It's been so long since I've felt a woman's touch and my body reacted to her in ways I never thought possible. So I took her. I want to possess her in every way, make her mine, make her the princess and one day queen of my play house that is Gotham City.

This sure put a damper on my plans, but that's why I am very flexible.

I needed to get her things, find out who she is, where she lives, and who her family was. I needed to know everything about her.

I pull out my cellular device and quickly make a call. "Malcolm," the voice on the other end grunts.

"Hey Mikey, how are ya?"

"Joker my man, how goes it?"

I rolled my eyes at his fake enthusiasm. "Listen I need you to uh, do me a little favor."

The sound of shuffling could be heard before he replies back. "Yeah sure. Anything for you."

"I want you to do a deep background check on a certain person," I tell him, my fingers tapping against the porcelain sink.

"Found another target J?" His lighthearted voice made me want to squeeze his throat through the phone.

"Not exactly. The name is (Y/FN, Y/LN), she works at Gotham Bank. I want you to tell me everything about her. Who her parents are, where she went to school, where she lives, and everyone she has a connection too. You leave no important detail out."

"Wow, this girl must be important."

I grinded my teeth. "You have no idea," Igrumble lowly. "Anyway, you have until tonight to get all this information, or else I'll be, um, knocking on your door."

I could hear the shuffle of nervousness on the other line and I smirked in triumph. "Yeah no problems boss. I'll get right on that."

"Good," I grunt before hanging up and throwing my phone down. I stare back up at my reflection. What was I thinking? Bringing her might have been a mistake. I couldn't deny that this soulmark thing was affecting me, and as much as I hated it, the thought of her did things to me. Things I've never felt before even before the accident.