23

Your point of view.

The aroma of sweet coffee wafted through the kitchen as I picked up a red mug from the counter. I sipped gently at the caffeinated liquid before making my way over to the large couch that was placed in front of the flat screen.

This definitely was a change of pace from that apartment; it was much more open and bright here. I should have slept with Jack a long time ago, I snicker to myself.

I surf the channels, trying to catch up on all the shows I've missed since I was taken from society. After spending a few minutes, I finally found a reality tv show to entertain myself with.

The soft patter of rain gently hits against the window and for once in a long time I felt like a normal person enjoying coffee and TV.

But of course that never last long.

It was getting close to the time of the funeral so I decided to flip to the news channel where the ceremony was being broadcasted live. Hundreds of people gathered in the streets and the police parade held a very sad and solemn vibe. There was even a police honor guard in the front, probably to pay respects to the commissioner.

My heart feels full but also numb. If I was going to stay in Jack's life then I needed to detach myself from the 'real' world. The ceremony continued until the Mayor took to the stage for his speech.

I noticed Detective Gordon was position on stage as well, and every time the camera panned his way, I noticed him scouting the buildings.

After the mayor gave his speech and introduced the honor guard, the group of uniform men positioned themselves to fire. Taps began to play and I could practically feel the grief pour out of the screen.

Bang!

I nearly jumped from my seat even though they were only firing blanks.

Bang!

Suddenly there was movement and detective Gordon is rushing towards the mayor.

The honor guard turns and the last round is fired, accept towards the Mayor!
I hold my breath.

Gordon jumps in the way and as he stumbles to the ground, the cameras went black.

It cuts to the newsroom were two stunned anchors are left speechless and scrambling for answers. My mouth drops open, was this The Joker's doing?

This must be what he meant what he said earlier.

"We has just received news of an assassination attempt on the Mayor, I-it looks to me that we have an officer down," the news anchor says through a dry throat. They look at each other for a moment and it was clear that they were being talked to through their ear prices.

I didn't realize I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for any more information on what was happening.

"We've just been informed that a suspect has been taken into custody. I repeat, a suspect has been taken into custody," The other reporter says.

"No," I whisper. I hope to god it wasn't Jack. He never gets caught!

"I'm sorry, it was a misunderstanding. No suspects have been arrested--." I flip the T.V off, feeling sick of watching it. I didn't need to have my emotions being played with right now.

I leave the couch and walk towards the balcony that overlooked the long field. The view was beautiful but it didn't help my mood. How could Jack just leave me here and run off into the battlefield. Why did he have to leave at all?

I had to remind myself that this was who Jack was, and there was nothing I could do about it. A knock on the glass door brought me out of my mind and I turn to see Malcolm leaning against the door.