After Sarah and Louis Stewart died, Landon became the CEO of Stewart Enterprise, a post he always wanted. He was the CEO of a part of it but now he owns it all. Legally, Mason and Mallory was the owner. Landon said he was only keeping watch for them till they grow up. Mason doubted that.

After they died, for some days, Mason even registered the idea that it was Landon who killed them. The Police investigation said otherwise. They said it was a rather unfortunate event that their engine failed and their car crashed. Nobody was to blame for it. It was just fate. Mason had a hard time believing it.

He had never liked Landon after that. But Mallory did. Mallory liked everything Mason hated.

And Landon had tried to make him happy his way. He had gifted Mason expensive cars, he had bought Mason bungalow houses, he had tried, not the way Mason wanted. He didn't know what Mason wanted. He would never understand. He wasn't Mason's dad. Nobody could become Mason's dad.

"Mason, my son," He said as he stood up. He was in his business suit with an expensive watch in his hand. Mason had seen his dad. His dad always valued simplicity.

Mason didn't acknowledge him and entered the kitchen. He took an apple from the fruit basket. He was leaving the living room when Landon spoke.

"I have a few important things to talk to you about."

"I don't have any time." Mason said opening the door.

"I know you are busy with school but it is time you start coming to the office. It's your office after all. You own it, Mason." Landon made it sound like an insult.

He didn't own anything. It was Landon who owned it and he wanted to show Mason how much he owned.

"It's not my office." Mason replied with a curt voice.

Carolina gave him a look.

"I don't like your job and I don't have any will to take it up after you." Mason said clearly.

"But It's our family business, you have to take it up one day eventually. You can go so long as to ignore it."

"I said, I don't like your job and I won't take it up. " Mason said again.

"Your dad would be disappointed to hear that " Landon said proudly thinking he had hit Mason's soft spot. But he knew nothing.

"Oh no. You have no idea, Landon. You don't even know my dad." Mason said challenging him to say something.

"Of course, I do. Don't forget he was my brother," Landon replied.

"I think I do sometimes. I know what my dad would have said. But I won't bother to tell you. It won't fit in that small brain of yours." Mason replied. Landon went red with anger. He didn't say anything.

"Mason!" Carolina warned him.

"He started it." Mason put his hand up in surrender.

"Anyways," Carolina cleared her throat, "We also have something to ask you."

"Let it go, Carolina." Landon said with an angry voice, "Nobody needs his opinion." Landon said.

"Sure as hell, I don't have any interest to give you any opinion. They are way too valuable." Mason said before opening the door.

Landon laughed behind him. "You wish."

• • •

Mason's mood had turned very bad after the encounter with Landon. He reminded of a lot of things. He reminded him of his childhood. He reminded him of the fights Landon and dad had. He reminded him how less affected he was after they died. Now he owned everything Mason's dad had worked really hard for. Sometimes Mason wanted to take up the job after him and threw him out of their office, claiming it all.