Chapter 1: Starting Out (Again)

As I strolled across the courtyard on my way to school, I looked around in admiration of the area around me. It appeared to be a nice, quiet place; somewhere I would enjoy spending my free time. I must have spent too much time looking around because after a while, I noticed the last few students entering the school. *No! I can NOT be late!* I thought to myself as I started sprinting towards the school. I had almost gotten to the front door, but stopped in my tracks as a sudden realization came to mind. *I don't know where anything is.* I quickly looked around to see if there was anyone I could ask. And then I saw...him.

A boy about my age (maybe a little older) was leaning up against a tree in front of the school. He was a tall person with flaming red hair. The color didn't look natural, it had obviously been dyed. He was wearing a leather jacket over a red t-shirt that said "Winged Skull" and black jeans. The look on his face just seemed so....uninterested. I walked up to him, and he turned his head to look at me with piercing gray eyes that I had never seen before. I started to ask him for directions, but then I noticed that he was listening to his mp3 player, so there was no way that he could possibly hear me. I shook my head and walked towards the school. *I'll just have to find my own way.*

I had just reached the door and held it open to go inside when I heard a voice behind me call out. "I'm sorry, did you say something?" I turned to see the guy with the red hair standing at the tree smirking at me. "Never mind" I said. "You're obviously too busy standing there!" He chuckled when I said that. I guess I had let go of the door while I was talking to him because when I turned to enter the school, *BAM* the door slammed into my face! "Nice one, slim." The redhead laughed, having the time of his life over there. "Oh, shut up." I said quietly to myself as I held the door open again and entered the school.