Prologue: Change is a Good Thing

Well, this is it. My new home. My new high school. My new life, all on my own. Ever since my parents died–no...were *killed* in that fire six years ago, I've been living the life of a runaway orphan. I don't have any relatives left, and my fear of being put in an orphanage had gotten the better of me. I haven't been doing anything but running; running from the police, my teachers, or anyone who found out my secret. When people ask about my parents, I always have ways of convincing them that they exist. Most of the time, the subject would drop almost as soon as it came up, but then there are times when people get suspicious. During these times, I would always tell them that they work late or that they're on one of their many business trips; things like that. However, I'm not perfect; I can't always cover up their non-existence, so if anyone finds out, I have to pack up and leave before I'm discovered. Then I would repeat the process in a new area. I have done this several times, and it's been depressing having to leave my friends so often, but I always remembered what my parents had told me: Change is a good thing.

I had just recently rented my own apartment for what seemed to be the millionth time, and was now ready to live yet another new life for myself, starting with my brand new high school, Sweet Amoris High. When I first laid eyes on Sweet Amoris, all I could think about was how enormous and complicated the buildings appeared to be. As I stood there, frozen on the sidewalk in front of the courtyard, I realized that I didn't know anyone at this school and that I was going to get lost for sure. *Just remember what your parents said,* I thought to myself. *Change is a good thing.* And with that, I let out a sigh and started towards the cluster of gigantic buildings, my new high school.