Chapter 15

it's going better but not good enough, even though we were getting more recognition. we never thought that we were good enough. but today something happened that no one expected.

''a resignation letter? you want to quit?'' i asked, looking up at hoseok. ''...sorry.'' jungkook stood up, upset. ''we would go through this together! you broke your promise! why do you want to leave?'' he exclaimed.

''is there something going on? i mean between your family or something?'' yoongi grabbed the resignation letter and read it. ''no, i just want to leave. i'm too tired.''

''but we're tired too! and we aren't complaining! so why?''

''jungkook, not everyone is as strong as you are.'' namjoon commented. ''mind your language.'' he added.

''stop treating me like a little kid! i'm 17 for god's sake!'' jungkook yelled. ''calm down, sit down.'' taehyung said. ''no.''

''hoseok?'' seok jin called, worried. ''you looked sick, what's wrong?''

''i just want to leave okay? there's nothing wrong with me. i just don't want to be apart of this team anymore.''

everyone stayed quiet until i broke the silence. ''i support your decision, if you ever want to come back, you're always welcome.''

he smiled, but it was more like a sad one. ''thank you.'' he stood up and bowed. ''thank you all for taking care of me like a family.''

''please don't leave.'' jungkook whined.

''i'm sorry.'' was the only thing hoseok, jungkook only sighed and went upstairs. ''i'll go then, goodbye i guess.''

and that's when he left.

''there's something more going on than just nothing.'' namjoon said, jimin nodded. ''yes, he's always cheerful but now he seemed so empty and sad. there's definitely something wrong.''

''what if we send two people to check on him?'' yoongi suggested.

''so basically stalking?'' taehyung said. ''basically.'' yoongi mumbled. ''but who will check up on him?''

''rock paper scissors.''

seok jin rolled his eyes. ''yeah no not going to work jimin.''

''how about namjoon and jungkook? jungkook has a strong bond with hoseok and namjoon is wise and smart.'' yoongi said. taehyung raised his eyebrow. ''are you calling us dumb?''

''that's not what i meant but if you take it that way, okay be my guest.'' yoongi said whilst his lips  formed a pout. ''whatever.'' taehyung mumbled, flipping his non-existent hair.

namjoon knocked on yoongi bedroom door, apparently jungkook went inside yoongi's room. ''come out jungkook you can't stay there forever, besides yoongi needs a place to sleep.'' jungkook didn't answered. yoongi let out a sigh before pushing namjoon away. ''let me do it.''

''listen you little shit, if you don't open the door right now. i'll not have my beauty sleep, and if i don't get my beauty sleep i'll get real mad. so get out you fucker.'' yoongi said, calmly but sternly.

the doorknob made a click sound before it opened. ''okay...''

''good, you and namjoon will be keeping an eye on hoseok, understood?'' yoongi questioned, which jungkook shook his head. he looked at him and pulled his earlobe. ''understood?''

''ah! understood understood!''

namjoon's pov.

''where is hoseok going?'' i whispered, jungkook shrugged in response. ''i have no idea, but it seems like he's going to somewhere far away. oh, gwangju.''

''his home town?'' i asked myself. ''let's go.'' i said as soon we saw hoseok walking inside the train. ''here, i got masks for us. so we won't get recognized.'' jungkook gave me a mask. ''thanks.''

''do you want some snacks?'' he asked, reaching out a pack of chips. ''kook, i don't think you're allowed to bring snacks into the train.''

jungkook pulled down his mask and started eating.

''i don't care. i do what i want.'' jungkook said while munching on his chips. ''okay, but if you get into problems, i'll act like i don't know you.''

''that's mean.'' he pouted. ''just eat your chips.'' i grabbed a book and started to read it. ''no way, you read books? wow.''

''is there something wrong with it?''

''no, it's just that people nowadays don't read books, you know? those books that are made of paper. so i was a bit surprised.''

''true.''

''alright, continue reading your book then, i'll play video games.''

after we arrived, jungkook pulled up his mask again. ''i've never been to gwangju.''

''me neither.''

we followed hoseok to an apartment, unfortunately we couldn't follow him further since we didn't lived there. ''where are we going to sleep?'' i asked. jungkook smiled and grabbed a folded tent. ''i'm prepared.''

''good.''

''you almost broke that tent.'' jungkook laughed. ''well, i don't know what to do now, how about we ask his neighbours? we'll ask the first one who exits the building.'' jungkook said.

''sure man.'' i mumbled. as we said, we walked up to the first person who exits the building.

''can you talk to him? i'm a bit shy.'' jungkook whispered, blushing lightly. ''hello, sir can i ask you something?''

''oh of course.'' he said.

''do you know a guy named jung hoseok?'' i asked.

he nodded. ''yes yes of course! the little sunshine! he was always a happy boy, i really feel sorry for him now, poor boy.''

''what happened?''

''who are you to hoseok?'' the man asked. ''we're his friends, we came to check up on him.''

''well, hoseok's mother got sick really badly, and they didn't have money to go to the hospital since it's really expensive. his father is working really hard too, so does his sister. she gave up school just to work so she could help her family. hoseok came back this time to take care of his mother because no one could take care of her right now, everyone is busy. not only does he take care of his mother, he also does part-time jobs when his sister is home. such a hard working family, i hope they'll get better in the future.''

we both blinked our eyes before we could process everything the man just said. ''oh...'' was the only thing jungkook said. ''thank you for telling us sir, please don't tell hoseok that we came here. we just came here to check up on him.''

''yes sure.'' the man nodded.

''okay, now we now the truth.'' jungkook mumbled. ''i feel so bad, and now thinking that i was the one who was upset with him...''

''don't feel bad, you didn't know and i'm sure that hoseok didn't wanted us to know either since he didn't told us. he didn't wanted us to worry.'' i explained. ''let's go home and tell the others, we must help hoseok.''