Chapter 8 • confusion

Inside the house smelled of bear and ciggaretes. Girls were everywhere. Dancing and doing 'other things' every turn someone was kissing someone.

Everyone noticed bucky. Smiles were tossed his way . so were hellos. And stares. Cause lets be honest. Bucky looked nice. Hot even. Steve wasn't afraid to think that. However realizing that he thought it scared him.

No one noticed him. In a good way at least. No one saw him the way bucky saw him and he could tell bucky was bothered by that. Bucky made sure he made gestures so people would look at his friend. They didn't see what he saw though. That broke him. However, not everyone needed to think steve was great . he just wanted to feel appreciated by someone other than him or his mom.

"Hey, I'm gonna go grab some drinks meet me on the couch.ok?"

"Bucky please don't leave me i-"

"Steve. Loosten up, go have fun. Meet some people. Im gonna say high to a few friends grab some drinks and be right over."

"Bucky we are young!-"

"Can't hear you...musics loud."

Steve knew bucky could hear him. He was just trying to get steve out of his shell. Steve walkes around. He took a deep breath and began saying hi to few gals. They didn't say anything back. No suprise.

The couch suddenly didn't look so far away. He became closer and sat down huffing. The music was loud. Air was thick. Room was warm. And smoke eas blowing everywhere.

Steve calmed down a little when he saw bucky coming towards him. Drinks in his hand.Bucky could feel that steve was uncomfortable. He was trying his absolute best.

He sat down by Steve. Drink in his hand.

"Don't do anything like this tonight. Now with your health."

"Wow thanks buck."

"Welcome."

Bucky smiled bringing his drink to his mouth. The strong bitter taste reached his young causing him to wince a little. Beer was bittersweet. Bucky had it before but he didnt wanna be like his dad. So he took breaks in between drinks.

"C'mon Steve please go have some fun ."

"No one wants to talk buck."

Bucky sighed taking another sip of his drinking. He began shaking his head when he heard a familar call his name. He looked up searching for where the sound came from. Only to find one of the girls he had met in class. Darla.

She waved at him. Bucky excitedly waved back and told her to come over. He turned to his friend.

"Alright, show time."

"Oh no."

"Hey barnes." Darla called

"Hey Darla."

She stumbled over to him . she was clearly a bit drunk. She was wearing a purple skin tight dress and her bra straps were falling off her shoulder as if someone was messing with them. She held herself up with a hand on the side of the couch.

"Have you met my friend steve?"

She giggled loud throwing her head back and forth.

"Nah, i was too busy looking at you."

Bucky blushed but he wanted to hide it. Not for her but for steve. He wasnt trying to hook up with anyone yet. His job was helping Steve.

"Well please. Hes better than me."