Chapter 4 • new sensations

Summer of 1930 had ended . Highschool began and Steve Rogers was petrified.

Although school was never easy for Steve he was relatively smart , but being smart unfortunately doesn't get you everywhere

bucky was finaly in the same school as him , he felt a little more comfortable now that he had someone like Bucky by his Side .

It was a hard pill to swallow that he was now in highschool. Summer was just here and now it's gone .

Summer was a lot different than what it usually was for Steve , usually him being locked up in his room drawing . Yes, he still did that and enjoyed it but having this summer with Bucky ... it just brought out a whole different side of Steve.

Over the summer , buckys personality sort of shifted . He didn't act like he used too you could say .

Steve couldn't get what bucky said after he was told steves father died in war out of his head . "I'm with you till the end of the line." He was still trying to process what Bucky meant by that , or if he was looking to far into it.  Even though he had many questions one thing was for sure : what Bucky had said , he would cherish .

Steve wasnt the same after that was said either . he started to look at bucky a little different than before. He got a little more protective and clingy .

Bucky began to meet alot of girls that summer and for some reason steve couldnt it explain, it made him ...jealous?

He convinced himself it was only the fact that he wanted more time with bucky. He didnt want to share his bestfriend. He never had really had one before and now what he does he just wants him all to himself . That's normal ... right?

He would often find himself pushing the feelings he had down , He was always good at that anyway . He knew bucky would probably understand what Steve was trying to say if he ever brought it up but this was something he just wasn't intrested in talking about.

Steve kept finding himself doing different and new things with Bucky , New games, learning new things about themselves, singing new songs together, and steve NEVER sang. He doesn't sing with anyone unless its bucky. They changed their styles a bit .. simple things that Steve had just .. never really done with anyone before . And maybe that's why it feels a little foreign.

Steve might have looked at Bucky with different intent then just a friend but of course , he ignored it. Pretending it was never even there in the first place .

The one thing that in a way caused this new behavior from Steve was that bucky suddenly enjoyed rough housing with Steve.

He made sure he was forceful but not enough to hurt him but the part that got under steves skin the most was bucky would always start these play fights and then act like they didn't happen.

For example , over summer steve had been sitting with Bucky on his bed. Bucky was sprawled out a little dramatically and Steve was leaning on his headboard . No shirt. It was just too hot for one.

The chain necklace Bucky wore every once in a while rested on his chest while he was complaining and swearing about the beat and his boredom .

Steve had  his sketchbook in his hand. Faced so that bucky couldnt see it. This was purposeful so that Bucky didn't see He was drawing him as he was laying on his steves bed . shirt off and all.