Chapter 5 • flaws

In buckys eyes , his first day had gone pretty well.  He had already made some friends and had gotten some good teachers who seemed to like him and best of all he got a class with Steve.

freshman year looked like it was gonna be good.

Steve disagreed.

Steve had a lot of classes with people who he just knew were gonna pic on him , And worst of all, he has 2 classes with the boy he almost swears hit him on the playground when he had first met bucky.

bucky was thankfully in one of those classes he had Bucky. Steve tried to keep his eyes to the floor as he could already feel the bigger boy looking him . Right into his soul.  He seemed to not take notice of Bucky , steve didn't know if that was because he didn't remember him or because he did .

Bucky sure as hell noticed him though. He watched as The boy took upon himself to toss a ball of paper over to where Steve was sitting .When steve picked it up the only word it said was "fag." Annoying,  but he didn't really care . This was highschool, this is a least of his worries really. He would rather have all the paper in the world thrown at him rather than getting beat up in an alley way almost every single day.

Bucky didnt brush off what just happened as much as Steve did . The paper wasn't even thrown at him but it lit up every nerve in his body . He got a seat all the way across the room and just couldn't keep his eyes off Steve . Not just to look out for him but also because he couldn't keep his eyes off of him in the first place .

When he saw the paper fly in steves direction and watch as steve read what was written Bucky calmly got up from his seat and sat in a desk diagonal from  Steve and behind the idiot next to him .

The boy flinched when Bucky flicked him in the back of the neck. He jumped and turned to to bucky.

"What was that for,asshat?"

"Well that one was for throwing paper at a kid."

Bucky then opened his hand and placed a decently rough slap on the back of the kids neck. Enough to make a sound. But not enough to draw to much attention.

"That was for the park a few years ago."

You could almost see the lightbulb light up over the Boys head when the realization hit him

"Bucky stop." Steve said

And Bucky just ssshd him

Steve shut his mouth and watched the situation in front of him a little embarrassed . He didn't want this kind of attention, really? On the first day?

"you-" the boy whispered

"That's right. So heres what I want you to do  grab your shit and move to my desk while I get my stuff and move here to where you were sitting. Mk?"

"Yeah?" The bot scoffed "or what, you gonna tell my momma, tell the teacher? Oh noo."

"Bucky lets just-"

He silenced Steve one more time with the motion of his finger. Bucky laughed and turned his head only to face the boy once again.

"Or, i can hit you twice as hard as I did a few years ago , your pick

Buckys gaze on him never wavered , and from what he could see the boy looked like he was gonna cooperate