Chapter 15

Lucy P.O.V

I ran towards the guild, my heart pounding out of my chest as I remembered what Lily had told me. Levy fighting Zeref alone, she's barely woken up she won't have the strength! But as I approached the group from Fairy Hills just inside the gate that all left my mind. Zeref stood at the far end of the yard, and Tsundera was fighting a new blue dragon. Something about its color nagged at my brain but I shook it off. "Where's Levy?" I asked them as they stared wide eyed.

Of all people, Evergreen was the one to turn to me and speak up, her voice cracking. " That is Levy." I stared at her wide eyed before turning my head back to the fighting dragons. Tsundera wasn't fighting, more like trying to hold the other dragon off and avoiding getting hit. I looked closer at the sky blue dragon and I felt my throat hitch. It's left side was slightly darker than the rest of its body, much like Levy since the void. I bit back a sob as I felt tears prick my eyes but I shook it off. I stood in front of the women to get their attention. " We have to evacuate the town. Levy would never forgive herself of she hurt someone. The earth dragon could show up as well as Acnolgia. We need to move. Now!" I shouted when none of them moved. The seemed to shake off their shock before nodding and running into Magnolia.

" Levy!" I heard a voice shout and I turned wide eyed to see Gajeel staggering out of the guild hall. He was clutching his chest as he tried to keep up right as he slowly made his way for the two dragons. Zeref noticed him too and he raised his hand, a black ball forming in his hand. " Gajeel!"

Gajeel P.O.V

I heard her scream, the first one got me stumbling out of that damn bed. I reached the window as she screamed again and turned into a dragon. I didn't care about the pain that coursed through my body as I struggled out the door, the pain in my heart wiping out everything else. I went as fast as my weak body would let me as I headed for the guild doors, throwing them open.

Tsundera had transformed and was trying to hold off Levy without actually fighting her. The smaller dragon wasn't holding back as she snapped at her mother, trying to get a hold of her throat. " Levy!" I shouted, clutching at my chest as I staggered to the brawling dragons. I was so focused on trying to get the dragons attention,  that I didn't notice the attack coming right at me. " Gajeel!" Lucy screamed and I turned, to see a ball of black energy flying right towards me.

There was no time to move, even if I had the strength to. I held my arms out in front of me in a pathetic attempt to shield myself, but the magic never hit me. Instead I felt another body slam into me at incredible speed, knocking the wind from my lungs and sending a sharp pain through my body. A familiar metalic scent hit my nose, and I looked up to see none other than my old man. He wore an armor similar to Erzas flight armor, but it had black pants instead of shorts and I couldn't help but snort st the ears on his head. " You look ridiculous." I grumbled and he snorted. " That's a fine thank your for saving your sorry ass."

He set me down and stood facing Zeref. " Nicely done." Erza said as she walked up beside us before patting Metalicanna on the shoulder. " Where did he get another dragon?" She asked as she requiped a sword into her hand. I clenched my teeth as I turned my eyes to the dragon in question. " It's Levy..." I said, not taking my eyes off her. Erza gasped, yet Metalicanna seemed unsurpised. " Your joking!" Erza shouted and I turned my glare towards her. " I saw it with my own eyes Titania." I shouted back. She started slightly at my outburst but she let it slide.

" We have to try and get her to come back to her senses. Erza and I can hold of Zeref. Gajeel, try and get Levys attention. If anyone can bring her back, it's you." Metalicanna stated as he requiped into a set of black armor with a pair of black blades. I nodded and made my way to the brawling dragons. Levys tail swiped at Tsundera,  knocking the older dragon onto her back. The small dragons claw pressed into the soft flesh of her mother's neck as she bared her teeth. She reared back her head back as she prepared to sink her fangs in.

" Levy!" I shouted again. The dragon stopped, her teeth inches away from Tsunderas throat. I stepped closer, holding my hands out to her. " Come on Shrimp, you don't want to do this." I called to her. She slowly turned her head towards me, a low growl rumbling in her throat as she let go of Tsunderas neck. " Don't growl at me short stuff, it just isn't nice." I said with a smirk, remembering all the times she got onto me for growling at her. She stared at me for a long time with her clouded eyes, the growl still in her throat.

And then I saw it.

At the corner of her eyes tears started to form, and the growl in her throat faded to a whimper. " It's alright shrimp, you haven't hurt anyone. You can fight this, your a Fairy Tail dragon slayer after all!" I said with a grin. She whined and shook her head as if trying to clear it. She roared before she began scratching at her head as if physically trying to get the magic out of herself. She roared again, and this time it was a sound of pain. " Gajeel watch out!" I heard Metalicanna shout. I turned just as a blast of energy hit me and I could help but yell in pain.

I crumpled to the ground, my body unable to hold itself up anymore. I weakly looked up to see Zeref climbing onto Levys back, her eyes once again clouded but the scales by her eyes were still wet. Zeref lifted his hand to the sky, and with one powerful stroke of her wings, Levy was airborne."Levy!" I called for her, but it was no good. Tsundera took to the skies, following after her daughter and disappearing into the darkness.