Chapter 7

Lucy P.O.V

As Gajeel attacked Neve, the rest of us ran to the frozen statue of Levy. As we got closer, I could see the ice at her stomach was stained red. I could see the look of pain frozen on her face and even the tears that had formed were frozen to the corners of her eyes. "Levy-chan..." I whispered, tears forming in my own eyes. I turned to Natsu. " Can you thaw her?" "Dont." Metalicanna said and we stared at him. He was watching the fight between Neve and Gajeel. "Why the hell not?" Natsu demanded.

" Neve!" he shouted at the man, momentarily freezing the fight. " Neve, as in Neve the ice dragon correct?" The man smirked. " That is correct iron dragon. My what a sorry state your in." He cackled. I saw Metalicanna tense. " Then it's no use..." He muttered. " Bull shit!  I just have to take this guy out and then Levy will turn back." Gajeel shouted. Neve cackled again. " My ice is special, you see. It consumes everything it touches. That girl is now solid ice, no more life. Levy McGarden is dead!" A lump formed in my throat as Gajeel roared in anger and continued his attack on the dragon.

I looked to my frozen friend and slowly sank to my knees. " Levy-chan!" I sobbed.The exceeds were in tears and Wendy was trying hard not to join them. Natsu ran to help Gajeel, copying his roar of anger. I didn't take my eyes off my small friend, and that's how I saw it. A small crack formed at the corner of her mouth, then the sound followed as it traveled down her neck, more cracks forming around her mouth. "W-what?!" I gasped, afraid she was going to shatter. More cracks formed and I jumped to my feet, frantically trying to think of a way to stop it.

Suddenly her teeth snapped closed, the ice shattering away from her body as her fangs sank into the ice. She bent forward slightly, breathing heavily through clenched teeth as she chewed on the ice, her breath coming out in foggy clouds. " L - Levy?!" She looked up at me and I could see her eyes were no longer hazel, but a clear blue. Patches of ice covered her skin and a new power practically radiated off her body as cold fog rolled off her skin. She smiled at me. " Hey Lu-chan"

Levy P.O.V

I was on my last leg, breathing heavily as I faced off against Neve. His sword was covered in ice and each hit that landed not only cut into my skin but made ice cover the injured area. I heard everyone run out of the building just as Neve lunged at me. I quickly formed to water since I couldn't dodge. Bad mistake. Pain shot through me and an agonized scream passed my lips as he ripped the sword from me, dragging water with it. My water frozen and my scream was cut off as my entire body was covered in ice. I faintly heard someone shout but everything was numb and quiet. All I saw was white and I could feel my heart begin to slow as my lungs begged for air. Is this the end?

No! I mentally screamed at myself. I'm a Fairy Tail wizard and dragon slayer! I will not give up! My mind raced as I tried to think of a way to break through the ice. And then it hit me. Eat it. It was basically frozen water, but then in a complex way it was so much more than that. If I do it right, it could renew my energy, and maybe, just maybe, it could give me new power. Like Gajeels Iron Shadow Dragon. Only one way to find out. I focused, trying hard to closing my screaming mouth over the ice. My fangs soon shattered the ice and I hunched over, gasping for breath but trying not to lose the ice.

I chewed on it, feeling power course through my body as the cold magic filled me. My skin was still cold but it didn't bother me anymore, and I could feel the frozen breath leave me in clouds without even opening my eyes. "L-Levy?!" I heard Lucy gasp. I looked up at her tear stained face and smiled. "Hey Lu-chan" I said, causing my breath to fog in front of my face. I turned back to the three brawling dragons and I could see Gajeel and Natsu were having a hard time. Neve was as strong in this human body as he was in his dragon one, Zeref must have fortified it some how.

" Let's go Theo." I said while grinning at my excees. He quickly wiped his eyes and nodded before sprouting wings and grabbing me. We sped towards Neve and he looked up at me wide eyed just before I slammed into him. Theo released me and I kicked out, sending him flying. He pulled himself to his feet growling as he glared at me. He raced at me but I didn't budge. " Shrimp get out of the way!" Gajeel shouted but I simply smiled. Neve took his katana and slashed at me, a smirk crossing my face as scales of ice covered my body, causing his katana to be knocked free of his hands.

" Frozen Water Dragon Roar!" I shouted, sending a tunnel of white water and ice at him, throwing him back. He growled more as he pulled himself to his feet and I charged him. My scale covered hands morphed, the scales merging into flawless ice blades. " Frozen Water Dragons Ice Blades!" I shouted as I slashed through the air, sending dozens of blades soaring towards him. He had no chance to move as the ice covered blades pierced him, pinning him to one of the forests trees. As I walked up to him I could feel the ice slowly fade from my body.

He was barely alive, just enough to answer my question. " Are you the only one?" He glared at me as blood trickled down his chin and smirked slightly. " Master Zeref... Isn't that stupid... More will come..." He coughed and I growled at him. We don't have time then. I thought to myself. We needed to get back. My body suddenly felt tired and a pain shot through me. I looked down, remember he had stabbed me. My water body had been pointless, his sword still managed to pierce me through. My blue tank top was slowly turning purple . "We need to get... back..." I called to the others as I tried to remain standing. I turned to them but black slowly filled my vision and my body fell forward. " Levy!!"