Chapter 5

Gajeel P.O.V

"You guys are pathetic." Metalicanna said as Levy, Natsu and I groaned while the train traveled across the country. I aimed a kick and caught him square in the knee. "Damn old man..." I grumbled as he held his knee. Levy tried to giggle but immediately stopped and her face turned green, making the old man laugh. The train jerked and a loud squeel pierced the air as the train lurched and grinded to a stop. The three of us tumbled into the floor with a groan.

Levy was the first to her feet, back to normal now that the train had stopped. " I'm gonna go see what's going on." she said as she headed for the front. " I wouldn't mind if this thing never moved again." Natsu groaned and I grunted in agreement. I saw Theo hop out of Lucys lap and follow the small bluenette out of the car. I pulled myself back into the seat but Natsu just laid there groaning, so I propped my feet up on his back. "Gajeel-san you should be nicer." Wendy said from across the aisle. I simply smirked.

Several people filed past us from the car in front of us and out the back towards the next car. I frowned as soon more people followed. I peeked around my seat, I was sitting in one of the backwards ones, and looked to where Levy disappeared to. Soon the people stopped coming and Levy rushed through, Theo flying behind her. " Everybody off" she said in a stern tone as she started to pull our bags from the over head. We all frowned at her as she threw our bags at us. "Now!" she repeated. We all got to our feet and hurried after the other passengers.

" Levy what's going on?" I shot back at her as she all but shoved us out. " The drivers are dead. There was a rune around the train to seal everyone in. I rewrote it but it will be back in three minutes... I wrote it two minutes ago." she said as she kept shoving. I immediately started pushing the others forward and soon we all tumbled out the back just as the train was surrounded by white runes. Levy stood and brushed off her legs as she looked at the bewildered passengers. " If everyone continues east,"she pointed down the tracks. " You will reach the next town in twenty minutes. I already used the trains radio to call ahead and inform them." she told them. They mumbled, some angrily, but they all continued.

" We on the other hand," she turned to our group as she slung her large backpack on. " Will continue this way," she pointed into the woods. Just beyond them, barely in sight, we're mountain peeks. " The next stop we would have continued on another train, but I don't want to risk anymore people." she said. I frowned, "What do you mean Levy-chan?" Lucy asked. She sighed sadly. " Someone is after us. On the wall in the drivers blood was written, "Stop looking for the Grimoire."" she said quietly. We all tensed. It had barely been two days and someone was already out to get us.

Levy set off towards the woods, not bothering to see if any of us follow her. I toss my bag over my shoulder and scoop up our exceeds before following her. The others scurry to grab their things before following us. We are only on foot for a short time before the sun sets. The incident with the train set us back and we were frustrated that we had to stop. The girls set up our camp site while the rest of us set out for wood. Once the fire was set we all settled down for the night. Levy laid beside me, her head in my lap as I rested against a tree. I rested my hand on her shoulder and closed my eyes, soon drifting off to sleep.

Levy P.O.V

It was still dark out when I woke up but I could see the sky through the trees turning a light shade of purple and orange. I carefully sat up so I wouldn't wake Gajeel and stood, lightly dusting off my legs and blanket. I stuffed it back in my bag and brushed out my hair before stretching. I listened carefully before taking a deep breath. I could sense a river near by and I could almost feel the fish swimming through it. I leaned down and gently shook Theo.

He sat up rubbing his eyes. " Sorry to wake you up, but I need to tell someone. I'm going fishing for breakfast, I will be back shortly." He nodded with a yawn and I quietly made my way to the river and sure enough it was full of large fish. I held out my hands and took a deep breath. The river shifted and lifted, depositing a little over two dozen fish onto the bank. I settled the water back into the river and frowned slightly. I could feel eyes on me. I glanced around but I couldn't find anything, though I still felt uneasy.

" Hey doll, need a hand?" A voice called behind me and I turned to see Metalicanna. I smiled, trying to shake off the watching feeling. " Yeah, didn't really think it through." I said while grinning. Between the two of us we managed to get the fish back to the camp where everyone was stirring. Happy was thrilled to see all the fish and was distraught when I said he could only have two. The sun was just peeking over the horizon once everyone was fed and we set out again. I still couldn't get rid of the watched feeling.