Chapter 6

Monday morning

Kayla's POV

I woke up quite early,which is not unusual since me and my mom usually wake up early to go to the gym but today yolanda is coming with us. I don't know why they just won't admit that their dating.

I threw on my workout clothes since I  didnt shower and before y'all try to come for me,im coming to the gym there is no need to shower when im going to sweat. I went downstairs,looked into the cabinet and i grabbed my water bottle,i filled it with ice cold water and then i waited for my mom to text me and say that she was ready.

I grabbed my keys,headphones,phone, and water and proceeded to go outside. I don't have far to go,my mom stays literally down the road from me. We always go to planet fitness because it has more stuff in it.

15 minutes later

We drove around the parking lot until we found Yolanda's car and then we got out.

My mom went to the treadmill and i went to lift weights. I put my headphones in and I lifted weights for about 5 minutes.

After I lifted weights, i went over to my mom and Yolanda just to fuck with them. "Sooo,are yall going to admit that y'all are dating?" My mom looked at me and said "are you going to admit that you and Makayla are dating?" Haha very funny,i swear me and my mom are too much alike.

I just walked away because i didn't really know to directly answer that question,i mean we have been hanging out for a good minute,I should text her.

Imessage from Future 🤔

What are you up to?

God works in mysterious ways. We texted for a minute while i waited on my mom to finish working out so that we can leave.

We agreed to meet up later at a cafe. My mom finally finished working out and we left the gym.

As soon as we arrived back home,i grabbed me a quick snack since im going to a cafe and then I hopped straight in the shower.

1

hour and a half later
Location: Cafe Shifua (made up)

We sat down in a booth and flipped open our menus. "So how has everything been?" I asked. She said "good,my mom just went to court yesterday so their divorce papers should be coming tommorrow." Im glad now she can move with me,I know what y'all thinking,why you want her to move in with you when you barely know her? Well let's just say I have the urge to protect her. As stupid as it may sound, I want to protect her,care for her and be there for her.

We ordered our food, i ordered a omelette with a side of hasbrowns and orange juice and Kayla ordered a Belgium waffle with eggs and orange juice.

"I have something to ask you." I didn't wanna prolong the time,i wanna make her mine. "Wassup?" She looked worried. "Im tired of playing around,will you be my girl?" She looked shocked but of course she said yes.

For the rest of our time there we just talked,laughed and ate. We said our goodbyes to each other and then we parted ways.