Kids Will Be Kids | Part 1

- - -

This entire thing was supposed to be just a routine fight. Get in, battle the bad guy, get out. Unfortunately for Captain Marvel, the supervillains that he and Batman were facing had other plans-- leading to them calling in the whole league for assistance.

What started with Joker messing with some kind of magical device ended with the League battling him, Felix Faust, and Klarion the Witch Boy while trying to keep the chaos and destruction contained to the large WayneTech warehouse they were in.

If they weren't in the middle of a battle, Marvel might have noted how cool it was to be in Gotham or called by name to help Batman out, but he was too busy dodging Felix Faust's magical blasts to worry about that.

Cap dove out of the way of the massive jaws of a killer Jack in the Box, super-sized thanks to Felix. It snapped wildly at him, narrowly missing the hem of his cape before snapping at him again. 

It continued to bounce towards him before Diana managed to stab her sword into its metal box and slice it open. The raven thanked her with a nod before throwing a punch at the super-sized toy and knocking its metal jaw off its hinges.

"Pfft- and you guys think I'm childish? At least I don't play with toys still!" Cap said, glancing down at the Joker as his face twisted in anger. 

"I mean come on, guys, who plays with Jack in the boxes anymore?" he asked, gaining the attention of Klarion and the Joker while Feliz fought off Superman.

The rest of the League must have realized what he was trying to do, decidedly staying quiet and letting him ramble off to the villains.

"I'll show you childish, Champion!" Klarion screeched, baring his teeth as a bright green ball of magic formed between his hands. An arrow from Green Arrow whizzed past Joker's face, making him cackle and pull out multiple cartoony-looking smoke bombs.

The clown slammed them down on the ground, making smoke quickly fill the warehouse. "Everybody out!" Batman yelled, bringing his cape up to shield his face. Marvel looked around for Klarion-- it wasn't safe to let him get away.

"Captain, get out of there!" Batman yelled from the doorway, the demigod barely able to make out his form before he was suddenly blasted by thick magic.

He cried out in pain as the magic burnt him, making him double over in the air as smoke coalesced around him. Blinding hot pain seared through him, making the demigod fall from the air and land on the ground, cracking the cement beneath him as he writhed in pain.

The air felt electric around him, the light was too bright, everything was too hot-- Cap whimpered in pain on the ground as Klraarion's energy began to dissipate. 

He was left breathing haggardly on the ground- had it always been this hard to breathe? and still clutching his stomach.