Duff Goldman Would Be Proud

PROMPT:

"I headcanon that Billy stress bakes. So maybe Batman finds out and offers Captain Marvel the Watchtower's kitchen to use. But Cap overdoes it on the baking and now the JL have enough pastries to run a bakery."

- - -

The mission had practically been a failure. 

Sure, eventually the League had managed to take down the massive, acidic goo monster that was attacking Metropolis, but not without extensive damage to the city itself and quite a few injuries to civilians. 

Captain Marvel couldn't help but feel partially responsible, since his lightning had managed to stop the creature, sure, but had also made it explode and send acidic goop everywhere.

Most of the heroes had been sent home after helping with the clean up that normal workers couldn't handle, but the Captain had gone back up to the Watchtower.

Living in an abandoned building (and being 12) meant that he didn't really have a functioning oven or fridge, something that the Watchtower not only had multiple of but were always fully stocked and of the highest quality (they were all Wayne tech).

The Captain had recently made a habit of coming to the Watchtower kitchens and baking thing when he was stressed, leaving the goods out on the counter for anyone to grab as they pleased. 

No one really confronted him on this, though he had an idea that was because no one knew he was the one making things, but that was fine by him.

It helped him to de-stress and calm his nerves when meditation couldn't.

The demigod was currently pulling out eggs and milk when he felt a presence behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to find Bruce watching him silently. 

"Hi Batman," he said, pulling out butter before moving on to the cabinets.

The Dark Knight said nothing as Captain Marvel pulled out sugar, flour, and baking soda, setting them all down on the island with the rest of the ingredients he'd already pulled out. 

The Captain glanced back at Batman, noting that he was sitting on a bar stool and looking at the bag of flour in his hand.

Seeing the protector of Gotham there wasn't anything unusual- he would show up from time to time whenever Marvel was baking something. 

Every so often he could get the man to taste test, but that was once in a blue moon. It seemed like Batman was really the only one that knew about his baking habits.

"So I noticed that you tend to do this when you're stressed about something, Marvel," Bruce said, watching the Captain grab some peached out of a bowl and bring them over.