Love Letters

Messy handwriting covered one of the pages, words scratched out and scribbled over hastily. It was clear that it was Captain Marvel's handwriting, they'd all seen the man sign his name- but what exactly the words said unnerved them.

- - -

The wrinkled and balled up papers were spread out across the meeting table, covering the sleek surface in scribbled out words and a mixture of pencil lead and pen ink.

To a passerby, the room looked like someone simply hadn't cleared off the large table after spreading their work out.

In actuality, however, the papers were spread out across the table intentionally. Various members of the Justice League stood around the long surface, totaling about seven members in total. Superman and Batman were sharing a look, the former with an unnerved expression written into his features.

Cyborg was looking at one of the pages closely, his hand gripping onto the table tightly as his eyes scanned the words. Green Lantern and Flash were leaning against the wall, staying quiet and avoiding anyone's eye contact.

Wonder Woman was fuming, pacing back and forth at the end of the table and swinging her sword at the air angrily every couple of minutes while Black Canary was the only one in the group actually sitting at the table. She had a couple of papers in front of her and was looking at them worriedly.

The air in the room was tense, and for good reason, considering the things they had found.

"Flash, where did you say you found these?" Batman said, looking from Clark to the speedster leaning against the wall. Flash glanced up from the table to look the Dark Knight in the eyes, shaking his head slightly to clear his head.

"Uh- I was on housekeeping duty and found them in Captain Marvel's room," he said quickly. "Some of them were on his desk, and others were in the trash, but they were kind of all over his writing area in his quarters."

Batman nodded and glanced at the Kryptonian with a sigh. "Well let's go over everything real quick to make sure we know what exactly we're looking at," he said, stepping closer to the table. Diana glanced up and glared at him harshly.

"Don't, Batman. We are not children, we all can tell exactly what these are, and just what they entail," she growled, pointing her sword at the raven as she spoke. Superman let out a sigh, his shoulders still tense as he spoke. "Diana, Bruce isn't your enemy. Put the sword away." he bit out.

Diana huffed and sheathed the weapon as she came closer, leaning over the edge of the table and pressing her weight down on to her arms. Flash and Hal followed suit, coming closer and standing next to the wooden surface.

"Humor me, Diana," Batman replied curtly, turning his attention to the others. "From what we can tell these are letters- or, at least, attempts at them. They range from simple ideas for letters to topics and starting sentences.

There are a few full letters with mistakes and some that were simply scribbled completely through. This in itself is nothing to scoff at." he said, glancing around.