Shazamily's Time To Shine

- - -

SUMMARY:

The Shazamily gets captured.

- - -

Captain Marvel opened his eyes with a groan, wincing at the bright light flooding his vision. "nghh..." He attempted to sit up, only to find his body unwilling to work with him. 

He tried to move his arms, only to glance at them and find large metal shackled keeping them pinned to what looked like a metal platform. He raised his head slightly to look at his feet, finding them in the same kind of restraints.

His head was swimming with confusion, fuzzy and a flurry of vague thoughts. He couldn't feel Solomon, who could usually cut through any kind of confusion in his mind, and it worried him slightly. "What happened..." he muttered, wincing at a high-pitched ringing in his ear. "Where am I?"

He glanced around, finding himself in a large, circular room. The platform he was pinned to had a large coil feeding from the bottom upward, vanishing into the dark ceiling. 

"What...the..." he breathed, a sound to his side catching his attention. Cap's eyes widened at the sight of Freddy attached to another platform, wincing in pain, wrists and ankles pinned similarly to his. 

 "Freddy-" he said, straining against the metal.

The blonde's head turned towards him in confusion, only for recognition to spark in his eyes. "Billy. What- what's going on?" he asked, glancing around with much more clarity than he'd had a few seconds ago.

"Obviously, we're trapped, Freddy," Pedro's voice came from across the room, the pair noticing not only him, but Eugene, Mary, and Darla as well, all pinned by metal restraints to metal platforms. 

Each had the same coil feeding from the end up into the ceiling, but Cap was more concerned with their well-being than anything else right now.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked, straining his neck to look around at his siblings. "Darla? You good there?" he asked, the smallest of their group very obviously trying to stay calm. It wasn't working very well, judging by the tears beading in the corners of her eyes.

"It's okay, it's okay Darla. I'm- I'll get us out of here. Don't worry," he said, glancing around. The room was dark, save for the single light hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room, and Cap could just barely see the outlines of what looked like glass cells lining the walls. 

It was too dark to see inside, but he wouldn't be surprised if there were more prisoners.

Mary had started hushing Darla gently, trying to get the little girl to calm down while Eugene, Freddy, and Pedro were trying to figure out a way out of this mess. 

Cap was still taking everything in- there had to be some kind of weakness in this system, right? Maybe he could break the metal restraints.

He tugged experimentally, brow furrowing when the metal didn't even creak. He tugged harder, setting his jaw and groaning as he strained his forearms upward. "Come on, come on, come on-" he tried, the metal unwilling to budge as he finally gave up. "Shit..." he breathed, getting a glare from Mary.

"Language, Billy," she said.

"Maybe transforming will break these things- the lightning might break the metal," he heard Freddy offer up, and glanced towards the blonde in thought. "It's worth a shot, right?"