Dragon Dance

SUMMARY:

Captain Marvel gets turned into a dragon. That's it. That's the fic.

- - -

When Captain Marvel had first felt the spike in magical energy, he'd been expecting someone like Felix Faust or Klarion to be causing chaos and wreaking havoc on some poor, unsuspecting city. 

He hadn't been expecting to see the Queen of Fables of all people with an army of fairytale characters to be attacking Metropolis of all places.

It wasn't much of a surprise to find Superman, Batman, and the rest of the League together fighting the Queen's minions, and the demigod fit seamlessly into the woodwork. He'd worked with the League plenty of times in the past, though he'd never been invited to join them.

Cap wasn't sure if that had to do with the fact that he was considered kind of a wildcard, they already had enough magic-users, or if he was just too childish for them, but regardless, he hadn't been invited.

Yet.

Cap would've loved to join the League- fight alongside his heroes on a daily basis, actually be a part of something bigger than himself- sure, Fawcett was nice and all, but the demigod wanted to help people wherever they were without feeling like he was stepping on another hero's toes cause he was in their city.

He'd worked plenty with Batman- so much so that he was apparently the Dark Knight's first choice when it came to magic-related problems, but when it came to working with the others, he hadn't been so lucky.

The scarlet-clad demigod landed beside Flash, someone he really connected with on the League, and grinned when the man smirked at him. "How nice of you to join us, oh, Cap-i-tan," he teased before punching a gnome that was trying to bite his arm. 

"What brings you here?" he continued as Cap set to work attacking living gargoyles.

That was one of the things that the demigod liked about Flash- he was so openly friendly; always willing to chat, even in the middle of a battle.

"Oh you know," Cap said as he sent a crackling punch through a stone beast, "I felt a magical surge and kinda came runnin'," he said with a shrug of his shoulder. Flash chuckled, shaking his head at the larger man.

"Of course you would."

Captain Marvel chuckled before punching a hold in another gargoyle. "Didn't think the Queen of Fables was a big enough deal for the whole League to be out and about," he said, glancing at the speedster, who was currently speed-punching a tree straight out of the Wizard of Oz.

"Wait, you've dealt with this crazy lady before!?" he asked as he managed to bound over and crush a gingerbread man. "She's like- feeding off people's fear and junk- and you're saying you've dealt with her before?"

"Yeah- thought she melted, but yeah."

"Yikes."

"You're tellin' me."

"I take it you guys haven't fought her before, then?" Cap asked before using his feet to pile drive a hole through a monster tree, taking flight after the monster went down. Flash gave him an unsure motion before zipping around a pair of snarling wolves.

"Wonder Woman has, and I think Bats has dealt with her before too, but this is my first time taking this kind of thing on."

"Oh, well, she's-"