Chapter Eleven - "I Love Aaron Tyler Quinn"

***

"What the fuck do you mean she's fine? Are you not fucking seeing what I'm seeing right now? Why won't she wake up?" His familiar voice had me clawing for consciousness; I forced my eyelids to open but could only manage a slither. It was thankfully enough to get a glimpse of him.

"Mr. Quinn please calm down, Miss Reed is absolutely fine, however she is very exhausted and her stress levels are extremely high. In her condition this could create complications that could potentially harm mother or child-"

"A...Aaron..." within a second he was at my side gently caressing my face. I slowly shifted before opening my eyes completely to find a man that looked like Aaron Tyler Quinn but at the same time seemed to be a different man. I propped myself up onto my elbows and attempted to sit up.

"Don't!" It wasn't so much the hard and intimidating look that Aaron was trying to give me that had me obeying, but rather the distress and almost fear in his eyes. I allowed him to guide my head back to the pillow and just happened to also see the doctor breathe a sigh of relief whilst warily watching Aaron. I bit back a smile because even in my sleepy almost unconscious state I had heard some of their conversation and it wasn't a very pleasant one.

I had an urge to touch his face, just feel his skin but when I went to move my hand it felt numb. I brought that hand into sight and it was clenched shut. I could feel my nails digging into my palm. I slowly, even painfully unclenched the fist and a scrunched up yellow sticky note fell into my lap. I immediately clutched it again and closed my hand as tightly if not more than before. My heartbeat began to increase once more as thoughts of the hooded guy's threat came rushing back to me.

I pushed his hand away from my face and pulled my body up, he tensed when I cringed but I didn't stop. "You need to leave." I bit out while turning my face away from his, "Just go Aaron."

"Charlie I'm not-"

"Charlie. Oh my god!" I felt Aaron's hand fist next to me and I slightly swivelled towards the voice. Daniel had appeared in the door way; he rushed over to me and pulled me against his chest. He placed a hand on my back and one on my head. This position allowed me a perfect view of Aaron's rejected, hurt and angered face as he stalked off. "I thought I told you that I was bringing you to the hospital and then straight home! Where-" I slowly pushed out of his embrace and focused my attention on the bed bar.

"Sorry Daniel, I...I just needed to be alone for a while. I needed to think some things through."

"And?"

"And I'm ready to do this on my own." I placed a hand over my stomach and he sat down on the side of the bed. "You have no idea what it means to me that you were willing to be there, that you were willing to support me and that you were willing to stand by me just to stop people from judging or insulting me." I took his hand in mine and finally found the courage to face him. "You're an amazing guy Daniel and some day; someone is going to come into your life that deserves every ounce of your kindness, compassion, passion and love. I want all of that for you because you deserve it and the thought of my mistakes getting in the way of that for you is unbearable. I have to do this on my own..." I hadn't even realised when my voice had become a whisper, I searched Daniel's face and as usual nothing was hidden. I found assurance when I saw understanding, encouragement and respect for me in his eyes.

"You are amazing Charlie and this child is going to be the luckiest child in this world because you'll be his or her mother." He placed a soft kiss on my hand and before I could even realise what was happening the sticky note had fallen out of my hand and Daniel had already unraveled it.

"Daniel don't-" I tried to reach for the note but it was too late the sudden change in his expression convinced me that he already finished reading the note.