[15] Hooray! It's the Beginning of Spirit Week!

Start from the beginning

I was waiting for an answer, but their only reaction was them smiling deviously at each other. I already knew those faces, they had a conniving plan up their sleeves.

*Flashback Ended*

My reverie was snapped out when Jenna placed her arm on my shoulder. "Hey Stella, thanks for coming. Avalon decided go to the game tonight. There are only a few customers. It's okay, you can go to the game, you've been here every afternoon for two weeks. I love your devotion for the cafe, but you need to take a break once in a while, right?" She warmly smiled and finished her statement.

That's so strange because Destiny said the exact thing earlier.

"Thanks for the lovely compliment, but I'm absolutely fine with not going to the game tonight." To be honest, I really did want to go, but I didn't want to see a certain someone tonight. And the weather tonight was very chilly that my thickest jacket won't even keep me warm.

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows comically, "You obviously don't know how West Ville spends their spirit week. If you go to see the game tonight, it's only a fraction of their school spirit. Trust me, all the students love the academy and they're not afraid to show it. Today's football game begins spirit week," She began counting with her fingers. "Tomorrow is the scavenger hunt which almost everyone does, the day after that is prank day, the day after that is the academy field day, and the last day is a huge pep rally and the day people ask each other to the dance next week."

My eyes widened at the word dance, "Dance?"

My mind was at a frenzy because I had to dance at a dance. I mentally slapped myself 'Well no duh, Sherlock, it's called a dance for a reason!'

Because if you know me, I can't dance for shit.

The last time I danced was when I was twelve and I tried doing the moonwalk, but instead I slipped on some spilled juice and I ended up on the floor.

Yup, dancing, never gonna happen again.

Jenna snickered at my expression. "Yeah, it's the day people ask their dates to the dance next Saturday, and I've gotta say people plan great ideas from the money they have since they are rich kids."

As if someone will ask me.

Maybe, Wes-SHH! Brain, shut up!

Just then I heard someone clear their throat behind me. My body immediatly became rigid, my heart beated abnormally, my cheeks warmed and my eyes widened. Jenna took this as a time to slip away from the scene.

I slowly turned my body to face the person I tried to avoid for weeks.

"Hello, Sweetheart, long time no see." His face stretched to a smirk in reaction to my shocked face.

*************

I stepped back from the counter. "Wesley, what are you here for? Aren't you supposed to be going to the game?"

"Yeah, I was about to go there, but I needed to pick up someone first."

"Who?" I pushed up my glasses that were sliding down the bridge of my nose.

"You, stupid." He looked at me trying to look professional but I could still see the glint of playfulness in his eyes.

"But I can't I-," This caused Wesley to cover his hand on my mouth.

"Just shut up and come, everyone's coming and they want you to come. I want you to come." He stared deeply. His face morphed to puppy dog eyes.

Don't fall for it.