"I will take my leave if I'm not welcomed. Met my son anyways."

I gaze at her. And look at Terrence whose eyes darken.  It was like ink. Unfathomable and impenetrable.

I looks around to find people gossiping and slyly laughing. I look around and find hungry leaches  everywhere. I look around to find the dirty predators of the industry. Ready to look down. Ready to mock.

And in the mist I look  at Terrence.

And I find  him all alone. So very alone.

***********

Pauline  Spice in my language was thrown out, while In hers..she walked away. I sigh. It's been an hour since the fiasco and Terrence was holding on thin ice. He looked dangerous and untouchable. He hardly glanced my way. I notice how is fingers shook and sometime we're closed in a steel grip. He didn't hold me and seductively laboured for my flesh. He didn't do any of that.

I find Mark and Stella along with their families entertaining the guests. Her dad, who had big black moustache and round belly was indeed in merry. I nervously pluck a cheese fry and shove it inside my mouth. I was hungry and nervous.

Sara gave a light squeeze to my hand and I helplessly glance at Elise who was busy flirting. I'm waiting for her to leave.

"When are you guys leaving?"

"We have already been asked to vacate." Sara looks straight into my eyes. Her light contact lens highlights.

"We have a flight early tomorrow. At 5 or something".

"Wow! I didn't even know."

"You are busy Nevaeh. And I had some other works too. I don't know about her though. She was a bitch to me." Her eyes glare Elise.

"What did she do?"

"Well except for acting like a slut with your husband's guard what was his name ..ah Steve."

"He is bad news."

"Tell me about it."

She steels my fires.

"Did you think about what I said."

"Dad thinks the same."

"Everyone is in their right mind except for you."

"You can't say that. You are not in my shoes."

"Basically Nevaeh, you are the most hypocrite person I have ever met. You judge him too much."

"Oh trust me Sara! You will no when a man touches you without your consent. Tries to dominate the very air you breathe."

"You are making it a big deal."

"I can't believe you just said that." My eyes shine with hurt and anger.

I look around bored. There is just so much lavishness. Opulence and grace.

"Look Nevaeh, I'm not your enemy here."