Chapter 29

The first thing I notice when I open my eyes is darkness. Utter darkness. The strong winds blowed away in the silence of the room. Their noise too loud. Their dance made a sound. I felt my throat parched and sit up grabbing a jug. I fill the water in a glass and immediately gulp it. I grab my phone, I had few missed calls from my friends and few from unknown numbers. I decide to ignore all of them. I sigh when I notice it close to 10 in the morning. There was no light at all, I walk towards the window and push the curtain away, the city was silent. Suns rays hardly penetrated  the heavy clouds. The day was bleak. The sky was pouring. Crying.

I decide to freshen up. I absentmindedly grab a cotton shirt and a bottom and head inside the bathroom for a much needed shower. The hot water cascades down my body and I throw my head back relishing the feel of it. It's only when the steamy sprinkle  of water adjusts to the temperature of my body do I actually allow myself to think. What just happened yesterday...What was that? Him and I..

I immediately shut my eyes. I don't know why I took care of him, he has been nothing but rude. He spoiled my life, thrashed my beliefs..hurt my father..yet I still took care of him. I still let his pain ..dominate the moment.

I scrub every part of my body, the white foam slowly slides down my body..like his hand does. I jerk and open my eyes. Where are these thoughts coming from! I shake my head. Last night was something I never expected to happen. He looked so..detached. Impassive and injured.

I couldn't believe that he was the same Rodriguez who dominated me, played me...destroyed my world.
He looked like a lost man.

There is something that I'm missing out. Mr.Rodriguez married me just to prove to the world..He married me because he was being forced to marry prince's daughter. He was not ready for it, I understand that but what I don't is this one year marriage contract.

Firstly because He juts temporarily escaped the prince's clutches. Regardless after my divorce with him the offer will still stand unless the daughter gets married to someone else.

What's the use? What's the purpose then?

I head out and wipe my wet strands using a dry towel somehow the act reminded me of yesterday..the way I..

I shake my head, it was basic manners to take care of someone when they are physically not able to. That's what my parents taught me and that was the right thing. There wasn't any hidden agenda Or feelings to it.

I head out. I was hesitating going downstairs. I didn't want to face him after yesterday..all of the words he spoke. Everything that I did. What happened last night..is wrong. I being so close to him voluntarily, initiatively isn't appropriate. I have signed a contract. I will have to think twice before speaking in front of him,acting in front of him. My stomach was growling, I need food. After five minutes, I give up and decide to head down. Even if he will speak to me, I will run away. I will give him the taste of his own medicine, ignorance.

The lights were dim. The place looked quiet..untouched like yesterday. I try to ignore the bull statues and other mysteriously dark paintings. When I step down, I debate whether to head towards kitchen or go to the living...

No. I don't care. I muster all my strength and make my way towards the kitchen. I had last night's pasta which I kept aside for him..instantly my eyes widen. Oh no. He didn't have anything last night, I gave him pills on an empty stomach. I palm my forehead, what was I thinking. I hope the pain doesn't worsen, I hope his temperature doesn't rise..because I will be a hell lot guilty about it.

I contemplate on heading towards the living. I decide to check on him right before I go back..but what if he awake and was hungry. It's way past the breakfast time. He needs assistance.