Chapter 16

I take a deep breath in. I could hear my heart beat, the sound echoed in my ears. I didn't understand a word dad was saying. I had a bad feeling about it, I know I have acted out of impulse but it was a weak moment. And honestly A safe escape plan was forming in my head. he just needed a wife, Period. There was hope, I could get out of this situation. Cece can help, I can convince her.

"Dad—please clam down.."I try my best to be sweet and soothing.

"Calm down! How can I? I asked you to be Conscious around him did I not! Then what made you suggest that blasted idea"  his rage wasn't anywhere close to being down

"Dad, I never said you this but Cece did call me after that night. She is interested. She asked me to give her time..but she surely wanted to do this. He wanted her didn't he! Trust me dad, he needs a wife..as long as it is someone between us. Both of us can be tailored to his interests because we are practically at his mercy. Dad I'm telling you, he himself said that he is okay as along as he get what he bargained for"

"Cecelia Is not an option Child, get this in your head straight! You don't know what's happening here and I did not give you the right to take decisions, can't you see everything We hold dear is at stake, you are at stake. how can you be so irrational!"

"What's wrong with Cece being his wife, he said that she forged Edwards signature on the divorce Papers—

"A divorce which is valid no more, right after that night Edward hired  a lawyer and canceled the divorce he let them know it was against his will, they are still going through the process. It's heated. Their divorce is practically void! You know what that means Nevaeh! You practically promised yourself to be his bride. I'm sure you know one cannot marry another once they are wed, you are the only option left! " i felt my heart stop. His face flashed in front of my eyes, the humour in them, the amusement in them.

He played me.

I was an emotional wreck and he played me. End of his bargain, he wants what he wants. He tricked me.

"I didn't know she is still legally married.."

"Of course my naive naive child! Of course because you don't know what's happening here! He knows very damn thing! Nevaeh he is taking complete advantage of your vulnerability child..my child. I.."

Tears roll down my face, i multiplied dad's pain. How did I not think of this possibility. I messily run my hands through my hair, they were a wreck.

"Dad, please don't lose hope..I'm sure there is something we can do—

"Nothing Nevaeh, there is nothing. He is going to use your words against you, it won't be good..I expected things to be different..I had things planned out but, why child! You have dug a pit for yourself" there is no place I can run, there is nothing I can do

"What should I do now...?" My voice was a meek whisper. A sob escaped my throat while I listening to dad sigh with helplessness. His world crumpled because of this man

My world did. I hear a deep sigh of melancholy from the other side, I desperately prayed for his well being

"I'll figure out something..Ill fight for you till my last breath child, this isn't your battle. Don't say anything out of impulse to him child, just don't speak. Be quite whatever, you don't understand his tactics."

"Dad, will I have to marry him? dad please—I don't want to.." I burst out, wretched sobs and helpless cries cut through the night while I heard dad's pleas to be strong from the other side. I was such a bad child, I was not making things easy for him.