Chapter 31

Seeing so many guards around made me nauseous but maybe Rodriguez might have some really ruthless records to take these precautions. Terence doesn't say a word. He stands by my side, while I succumb in his presence. He looks down at me while I try my very best to keep a straight face.
He slips his one hand in pocket while the other hand smoothly slides on my waist making my breath hitch. His long fingers cover the area on my waist. I could feel myself burn and the heat of his powerful hand makes me sweat.

He starts walking and subtly drags me too. We are heading towards the vast entrance of the mansion. I observe that no one was following us, they took their positions out.

"No a word without a filter get that? you know the consequences." He coolly almost frigidly says it to me as if his warning didn't fly out murderous. I gulp and decide not to respond I don't trust myself around him. Anything I utter would make me look passive in his eyes and I don't want that. Especially when he calls me weak. I can show how lifeless I can be too. Terence immediately rings the bell and an old man almost my dad's age opens the door. He instantly smiles at Terence. He wore his typical uniform with black pant and a white shirt. Sleeves covering his wrinkled hands.

"Welcome master." He bows at Terence while Terence pats on his shoulder refusing him to do that act. While the old man's eyes hold mine. They were full of wisdom and kindness and I couldn't help but give him a genuine smile.

"Welcome Madam." I nod at him and he immediately makes way for us to enter. Terence is the first one to step in while I follow his trail. His muscles contract with his every step he takes. He makes me feel terrorised looking at his hulk body. I avert my eyes and instead gaze at the beautifully light up mansion.
This place was covered with shining mirrors. There were glittery stones on the Edges of the wall while the perfect interiors stretch on the vast  area. The interior matched a little of bohemian decor giving it a vintage and an antique feel. The strong lighting blinded my vision and often times I did find myself almost glued to his back. His muscles would flex and I instantly would take a step back. Thankfully we reach the dining. Almost instantly I find a change in the atmosphere. There was certain kind of tension and risk. My hold on my golden metal purse tightens and I observe Mr.Rodriguez pace slow down.

"Father" his raspy voices echoes in the silent atmosphere. He was blocking my vision I couldn't see Mr.Rodriguez sr. Clearly. Sensing me Terence steps aside and I immediately find myself bullied to his hip. His strong, muscular hand held my delicate waist in a deathly grip.

"Welcome, good to see the newly wed couple." His gruff old voice puffs out. There was no warmth to his tone. It just was a formality and I feel Terence basing himself to a similar standard.

And they call themselves family! Pathetic.

My eyes soon take in the senior Rodriguez he stood tall like his son. He wore a suit just like him. His white hair was perfectly jelled to the side while his fading grey orbs  held secrets and unutterable experiences.

"Nevaeh you look like every bit of Rodriguez. I hope my  son is treating you right" he is mocking me. I give him a feeble smile.

Good wife. Role.

"Its going decent sir"
He immediately dismisses my comment.

"Call me father. We are family now." He smiles but my heart envelopes in a freezing terror. Family. Them?!

"Come on let's start our celebration. Daniel bring the dishes in. Both of you come give this old man a little company." Terence pushes me forward and together we head towards his sitting form.

"Please." He gestures towards the seats. Terence helps me in one before making himself comfortable beside me.

"How is the new project going Terence, I hope they aren't any complaints." His eyes shift to my husband while Terence doesn't meet his  stare, he was too bored to spare his father with a glance.