Chapter 35

Nevaeh POV

There are many things I felt disgusted about. As a child when I was growing up I hated lizards. My hate for them went beyond my physical loathe that's when I learnt what 'disgust' meant. I always thought it to be associated with creepy animals or places. Never people. As I started growing up I often would observe how hopeless human beings were. How dirty they have play and the sort of complications they create for themselves. And it's then that I learned that living breathing human population can also be disgusting. But what I never realised is the disgust directed towards your own self. Your own body. I now know what it feels. Hell.

My wet droplets hung on the edge of my curled lashes threatening to drop. My face was moisture less and pale. The cool breeze touched my dry cells making me shrink more into myself. I didn't know what to do. I caught a glimpse of my father looking dead at everyone  he interacted with and that somehow tore something inside of me. Guilt started eating me up. What was I doing with Terrence? How can I allow him to touch me so easily? How can even let him encourage the idea? Where did I go wrong! A man has to touch my soul, my emotions, my world before he physically touches me. I wanted love not lust. I wanted permanence not fun.

Terence might be my husband, might be the legal owner of everything that I'm and I have but before everything goes to him..I have a right to own it all myself. There is no purity in our relationship. It was thickening on the wrong base. I have sinned by becoming the wife of a man who caused nothing but hurt to me and my family. There is certainly no future for both of us.

Especially after..especially..

A wretched sob escaped me. I didn't dare to think about the sort of mess I'm struck in!my whole life was just turned into a joke. I have no say in what I want anymore. I immediately cover my emotions when I feel a soft hand rest on my defeated shoulders. Without a second thought I turn around and engulf into the warm hands of one person I needed the most.

My mother.

I cling to her like a child and she lovingly gives me all her warmth. She keeps uttering sweet nothings into my ear. I try my best to hold my tears at bay. I wanted to talk to dad but I was scared for his health. It just has been too hard for me to hold
Myself back. Especially when he kept asking about me and my mom gave him monosyllabic answers. It's been five hours since I arrived in Seattle. Alone. After that wretched night I immediately flew from Berlin. Terrence had meetings to wrap up but he did promise me that he will personally fly here. He is interested in talking to dad. While I hated the scenario.

Whole the ride I have been thinking about his touch. His lips. And how vulnerable I'm for it. He wanted me to give him a child?! I couldn't stomach that thought. And I somehow knew that it's one of the important reason he decided to settle down. Despite whatever theories I read about Mr.Rodriguez one thing was sure. Being with him, near him is an experience. Exactly like I read..a life threatening experience.

Terence Rodriguez contrary to people's beliefs was a traditional man. He wanted a heir only from his legally wedded wife. And I somehow am trapped into this. This is 21 century. Marriages for political and business perks don't exists anymore. Neither does a belief that a women should birth a child, young. The worst part is no one in my family is up for it and neither am I!

After landing in Seattle I couldn't hold on the revelation to myself. I arrived at the hospital and blurt everything out to my mother. She was beyond anger. So very Livid. Fury dripped in her every emotion..since then she always made sure to keep a check on me herself. I was quite thankful about that fact.

"Shh ..child. Be brave, Remember there is a solution for everything."

"I'm sorry mom. I should have been more careful before getting into this. I was reckless and look where it has got us!"