Chapter 6

I look at Mr. Rodriguez still trying to comprehend his words. He so casually just blurted it out. He wanted me to marry his son. Mr Terrence Rodriguez who was the alpha male for this goddamn industry. He wanted me to live a life with a criminal. Oh my god. I couldn't take it. Somehow marriages and Mr. Rodriguez didn't fit in on sentence. They were two opposite things. They were a perfect example of a lethal combination. I cannot survive with a man who will just stare at me with his sinful, illegal, obnoxious and toxic eyes while I sit there all hot and bothered crying for something I'll never ever want from him. Love meant world to me and I just couldn't come in terms with their reckless treatment of such a holy emotion but I had to take in consideration of my situation and if I refuse possibly its circumstances. I take a deep breath and look at him with tears blurring my vision.

"Sir please don't do this to me. Marriage and love are very important for me. Don't steal.. That right away. I beg you"

Summer immediately places her hand on mine squeezing it in reassure. I burst out. Wet hot tears stream down my delicate face making me feel so utterly useless. I felt so bad crying, on one hand they were ready to save my father and his company and on the other they were ready to destroy mine. Mr. Terence Rodriguez is an evil man and I couldn't imagine him as my husband. I wanted a loving man, a good man who would match my views and ideologies. Him and I.. We were wrong. We were not right at all.

"Please Ms. Craig control yourself, here" He passes be a box of tissues and I greedily grab them and wipe my face. I was sure red blotch marks would be visible but I just cannot help myself the situation I was struck in was dirty and I was not finding an escape. I was being trapped.

"Now please don't cry Ms. Craig remember you always will have a solution to every problem" Irony I felt like I was taking an advice from the ultimate Villain himself.

"Sir can marriage not be eliminated completely?" Summer asks desperately. He sighs and looks around bored. I so wanted to knock sense in him. I wasn't make a big deal out of this, it was a legit situation to feel cornered after all.

"How about we professionally handle this sir" Summer suddenly speaks up making me look at her in a perplexed way

"Let's make it a deal, Nevaeh will marry your son buy their will be few terms they both will mutually accept and respect."

Mr Rodriguez now interested rests his face on his chin and indignantly looks at Summer.

"Elaborate 'terms' Ms. May" I notice Summer grabbing a pen and notebook from her hand bag. She starts scribbling something and after what felt like a good few seconds she lifts her eyes to meet a pair of crayoned gray.

"By terms I'm intending to suggest the professional bond that would be nurtured by two of them. They would be a proper couple in the eyes of the world but this won't be applicable when they are in their personal space. I am basically sir trying to condition this marriage with certain restrictions, restrictions on their duties towards each other or being romantically involved. Mr. Rodriguez and Nevaeh will keep up the pretence for a time limit "

" Are you Ms. Summer trying to imply that they both be wed for a specific amount of time, a predetermined one and that their marriage will not be subjected to the regular norms of the society?"

"That's my clause sir" Summer speaks up all the while squeezing my hand in reassurance. He sighs and leans back, his tall torso was leaning backwards. He loosens his tie looking away in a deep thought.

"That's considerate" Summer smiles listening to him and it instantly fills me in with a warm sensation of hope. I should thrive on it simply because I have no other choice.