Chapter 26

I shut my laptop with a bang and lay on my bed, I was frustrated. I have been searching for jobs since like forever. I was good doing anything, I decided to start saving and earn something the least. Money comes easy at times but extremely hard sometimes too. I need to be prepared.

For the past four, five hours straight I was glued to my laptop screen. It was close to 12 in the noon and my mood was getting sour every possible second. Marshmallow Avenue here is Berlin is a cream community and honestly everything about this side of the city is rich. I tried peeping through my window but the only thing I could outline were big, spacious malls and few fancy looking restaurants. They all looked professional and meant business and I'm sure, they had a rigorous process for selecting their staff. Moreover, I was not qualified enough to even try and attempt.

The lady got me breakfast and I obediently ate it. It has been two hours since then and I constantly heard noises from the outside, they were probably cleaning. This isn't going to work, I have to go and search jobs myself, maybe a little persuasion from my side will do the trick.

I head towards the closet and grab a dark green blouse and pair it with a brown skirt. I decided to put effort in making my self look presentable, since the target group in upper class the way you dress and communicate forms the very basis for your selection. I pull my voluminous brown hair into a high pony. My face looked bare. I decided to keep my makeup minimal. My pink lipstick shade gave me a neat look and I grabbed my handbag.

I head downstairs and find good five people cleaning, mopping and vacuuming.They stop their work when they sense me, immediately that same old sour lady comes into the living and I decide to inform her about my little adventure.

"I'm heading out for some work, I will be back by mostly 3-4" I trail off.

"I'm sorry Madam but Mr.Rodriguez needs to approve. you have to understand that I'm just doing my job"

"I have talked to him about this yesterday. You can always confirm it with him. I'm sorry but I have to go" I don't wait for her reply and for the first time since my wedding I head out independently

Here goes my job hunt.

*********

The busy streets and the hustle of the city excite me. Seattle was a great place too but something about Berlin felt accepting. The sun was high up ,while the birds happily sang about in the clear blue sky.

I pull my hand bag over my shoulder and start walking towards the big mall. It had transparent glasses while the inside looked quite Morden with its intricate structures and a coloured wall fountain. I pass by few rich boutiques, few big brand outlets. They were adequately spaced and where trimmed to suit the higher class preferences better.

One boutique in particular catches my eye. It read 'koniglich'. I didn't know the meaning of that, I wasn't even sure how to pronounce it. It was different from the other stores. It was minimum sized but it's theme attracted me the most. It was just plain black and burning red. It looked spectacular and  had an air of elegance.

The entrance was transparent and it had few shimmering white dresses and gowns on the mannequins. I didn't know if the boutique would pay me enough. I had few finance core subjects as my electives and I hoped I could manage to secure a job here. They probably would pay me very less but I kind of like it here, I don't mind spending my break doing some accounts.

I push open the door and fresh, flavoured essence of strawberries hits me. The air conditioner had a cooling effect and I instantly find peace. There weren't many people around. There was a huge desk in the centre while the rest of the place looked well kept and extremely hygiene.