Chapter 17: Little Kitten

Start from the beginning

Yoongi sat up from his position, his eyes wide open. "My name is Min Yoongi, I'm 26 years old. I was born on March 9, 1993 into a poor family with my brother, who is now deceased and so as the rest of my family. I was orphaned at a young age, but I went through and became one of the most successful people in South Korea," Yoongi pulls out a card from his pocket. "All of my other information are here. If you need questions to be solved, I'm always the man who can give you answers to anything. I mean anything."

'Anything?' (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows.

Uttering no more words to the male, (Y/N) sauntered to her night-stand. Yoongi maneuvers his head to side to get a glimpse of what (Y/N) is cradling in between her fingers. It was a small black bottle. The contents weren't visible, but based on the weight of the object, there was still some liquid floating about.

"What is that?" Yoongi's face twisted to a frown.

"I'm only telling you this because you've known Jungkook the longest and I'm hoping you could help me because it relates back to him..." (Y/N) fidgeted with the bottle before handing it to the black headed boy. "I saw this in the kitchen after Jungkook collapsed. The lid was open and half of the contents inside of it was used."

Yoongi nods, listening intently to her explanation. The male opened the bottle, expecting a strong odor to emit from the substance. But this thing that he's holding... Yoongi knows what it is because he had used it before.

"(Y/N)— (Y/N) t-this is poison," Yoongi stutters as he slowly pull away the substance near his nose.

"D-Did someone try to poison him?!? Why would they do that to Jungk—" then it finally hit her. Everything came to a sense. "He— Jung-Jungkoo—"

"I have to tell the boys that someone is trying to assassinate him! This is dangerous. If you have this vial, your life must also be in danger!!" The urgency in his voice, his bustling movements, and lively-killer eyes caused (Y/N) to jump up from her bed. In a natural instinct, she grasped Yoongi's wrists with pressure as he was about to exit the room.

"Yoongi don't," (Y/N) deadpans. "Don't tell anyone."

"Why?! Someone tried to kill him!" 'Was it her? No it can't be her. If it was her then she wouldn't have shown me this. No one in their right mind would confess to assassinating!' "Tell me why or I might think you could've done it yourself."

"Be-Because."

He waited for answer.

Silence gnawed at their insides as it hung in air like the suspended moment before a falling bottle shatters on the ground. (Y/N) just has to say it. That's it. Everything is set, but somehow she can't. It's creeping up into her insides and it hurts. It hurts just thinking how Jungkook could do that. She cared for him for days, thinking that she was doing some good, but no. It was all a lie.

Her friendship with Jungkook is a lie.

"He used that poison to himself."

"What?" Yoongi gasps out of disbelief. "Y-you're not making any sense."

"When I saw this I had some doubts," (Y/N) began with shaky breaths. "In the corner of my eyes, before I rushed to help him, I saw this same bottle right next to his ingredients... I didn't want to make assumptions that someone did poison him but..."

The female clenches her fists as she recalls her memories of him and the boy. "Someone told me that Jungkook never cut himself before while cooking and it's true. I know that it's true. It's really true. When he got sick— I was so worried Yoongi. He wasn't waking up, I didn't know what to do!" (Y/N) crashes to her knees as she cried. "I thought that he was sick, that he needed my help. When he woke up... he said something... now I just found out that he just poisoned himself for me to take care for him?! It makes me sick to my stomach that someone would do that just for me! Yoongi— What if— if he's already willing to hurt himself for me— he might do something more damaging?? What happens if he tries to kill himself?!? I don't want to be reason Yoongi! I don't want to be!"