Chapter 4: Greed

June 1, 2019   8:30 A.M
Sunday

"I'm not lazy Yoonah! I'm just on my energy saving mode!"

(Y/N) ruffles her hair as she slumps her body onto her soft, thick cloudy-like bed. She has this undying love for this bed because it's the only thing she felt comfortable with; just look at all of those wonderful nights they slept together.

She even named her bed Dae.

"Dae, you're the only one I have in this world that could give me comfort," (Y/N) smiles to herself.

"You're such a loser," Yoonah jokingly remarked. "Yah! Hurry up and get your fatass up! Breakfasts ready."

"You? Cooking breakfast? Has the gods finally fallen from the heavens to gift you the talent of cooking?! Or did you sell your soul to the devil?" (Y/N) commented with smug smile touching her lips. "I go for the devil. There is no way the heavens would bless you of such thing— you've sinned too much."

"Well add you being smacked by my spatula again as another sin if you don't shut up and get going!"

(Y/N) gazes towards the hot, metaled spatula wrapped around Yoonah's digits, bringing unpleasant chills and flashbacks to those horrid memories of Yoonah chasing her down the halls of their shared apartment. The reason? (Y/N) idiotically replaced Yoonah's hair products with a purple hair dye. Oh! There was also another instance where (Y/N) took Yoonah's facial cream and exchanged it with foot cream; the movie Mean Girls really did inspire her to perform such acts.

Did (Y/N) regret it?

Nope, though the marks on her skin that stayed for weeks from the spatula could say otherwise.

"Anddddddd my fatass is up."

"Oh and (Y/N)..." Yoonah bit her lips into a thin line. "I found you a job."

(Y/N) froze. "Yoonah you shouldn't have. I'm capable of finding one mysel—"

"This one pays well. It provides housing so you won't have to worry about paying rent sinc—"

"Since you're moving to the States and work for your father's company? You don't have to remind me..." (Y/N) inhales sharply. Exactly at this moment, her appetite of wanting to eat breakfast is ash on the floor. The urge to cry came— it felt chaotic, powerful, and it threatened to spill the hot tears rimming around her tired eyes.

But (Y/N) remained strong.

It isn't like they aren't going to see each other anymore— she could visit from time to time; and if (Y/N) saves enough money, she could visit too!

Yoonah joins (Y/N) on the bed, stroking rebellious locks of her hair and tucked them securely behind her ear to show affection that they've always shared ever since their freshman year in high-school began. Being together for nine years really did made them inseparable.

"How can I survive without you?" (Y/N)'s voice cracked.

"You can live without me. You've done it before we met."

"I guess so... just so you know, if you ever meet a cute guy, hit me up. I'm lonely and I need someone to replace you," (Y/N) jested. Unamused of her joke, Yoonah firmly punched her arm. "Ow! But honestly though... ya gurl need some dic—"

"Spatula!"

"—tionary to look up the word holy and how to pray to Jesus."

"(Y/N)..." Yoonah sighs disappointingly. "You're an atheist."

(Y/N) laughs as she dragged Yoonah out of the room. Easily blocking out the silver-spoon's half-hearted grumbling and curses, (Y/N) skips down to the kitchen, but is quickly hit by a horrid smell of burnt eggs.