Chapter 1: Pride

June 1, 2019

"WELCOME TO THE 2019 GRAND MASQUERADE BALL!"

The metal of everyone's rings clangs against each other as everyone clapped. Men, women, and children dressed in luxurious suits, dresses and various kinds of masks to flaunt their impeccable wealth that only the poor could dream off.

The live orchestra on the stage began playing as the conductor waves his stick in pure elegance, leading the musicians to set the right tempo of the instruments. Chittaphon, the conductor's name, waved his baton for the musicians to control the execution and pacing of the notes.

"Master Kim, your brother ordered you to come down. The guests are here." The servant dressed in a black suit and plain black leather mask bowed to address his superior.

"I will come whenever I want Haruki, tell my brother to stop ordering me when I'm clearly the one who's superior."

His tux was glamorous compared to other men's. It was like a canvas for an artist to draw. Butterflies, flowers, and a tradition Japanese woman was printed into the tux while colors of grey, red, yellow made the art flutter to elegance. His golden bow complemented the color of his hair. Expensive rings were in his fingers, but not to flaunt wealth, it was to represent each of his members. When he smiles, his plum lips curves so beautifully that even men fall for him. His luxury phantom metal Venetian masquerade mask didn't entirely covered his face. The golden substance swirls, creating magnificent patterns to display Seokjin's charming looks.

"Yes master."

Seokjin hid in the second floor that overlooked the hall of the ball, watching guests slowly entering the building full of excitement from the looks of their smiles.

'What a bunch of lowborns acting like they belong here,' he thought sourly.

"Did you really dismiss my order?" his brother's box smile made Seokjin snicker.

"Oh please. There's no need to rush, people will do anything to see me."

"Pft as if," Taehyung responded with another grin, "hurry up already."

Taehyung's neatly tailored striped trousers paired with a vintage red-black cashmere sweater was a perfect combination along with his sleek black bow tie. His left hand rises to his face for a moment, adjusting his vintage black and white mask that has a tear on the left side.

"I would say, brother, your suit is quite ravishing. The tailor really outdid himself with this work," the electric blue hair male commented as they sauntered down the stairs. His voice is deep, there's no in doubt in that, and when he spoke, every head in the room would turn. He has that rich, silky tone; he speaks with high authority, much similar to his brother Seokjin.

A group of novelties eyed the Kims. They could hardly contain their disdain towards the brothers and is giving their hardest to contain their obvious jealousy towards their power and wealth.

"What's going on Mingyu?" One of them asked.

"I got some tea to spill," a few men laughed at their companion's remarks. "There's some rumor going around that Kim Taehyung's sexuality might not be straight as it seems. Some say that he's gay or maybe he fucks his own mother. You never know what that lustful beast can do..."