Random D3 Thoughts

So yeah, like the title says here's a few random thoughts that popped in my head.

1. In one of the trailers we get a scene with Celia giving Jane a reading. She tells Jane that she will meet a tall, handsome stranger. I found out this was part of a scene that was cut from the movie. It's amazing and I feel it should have been kept.

The reading didn't make sense until I watched D3. In the movie, Jane appears squirting Ben with the lake water. After this, Harry steps forward and introduces himself. What if the reading was foreshadowing her meeting with Harry?

2. My Once Upon a Time was a beautiful song but it didn't hit me in the feels like I thought it would. I know a lot of people said it made them emotional but it just didn't do it for me.

3. "You're probably just going to throw us back inside, too."
                           -Harry Hook

This quote was one of the moments that truly hit me hard in my feels and broke my heart a bit. It's such a simple phrase but when you see and hear the emotion behind it, it becomes that much more powerful.

Harry, our ruggedly handsome pirate who is known for being a bit crazy and intimidating, shows a side of him we don't normally see when he says this.

To see his face change from the tough exterior we're used to, to this saddened, disappointed look, hit so hard. Not only that, but the way his voice changed from his normal intimidating bark to this soft, hurt voice just made it even worse.

It's such a small moment but it makes you realize that even the most intimidating and baddest VKs are just kids looking for freedom.

4. Hades gives Mal back the Ember after saving Audrey.

Hades could have chosen to keep his ember. With his powers restored he could have easily escaped from those guards.

Instead, he gave up the ember and allowed himself to be taken back to the Isle, the place he wanted so badly to leave in the beginning.

In that moment, he chose his daughter's happiness over his freedom. That father daughter moment was so sweet and it makes you realize not all of the villians are terrible parents. None of the villians in thos movie seemed like terrible parents. Well, except Queen Leah but that's a whole 'nother cup a tea.

5. Outfits

For the most part I loved the outfits in D3. They were beautiful.

I found Uma's outfit at the end interesting because it was so different from what we normally see her in. She wasn't a pirate, but she wasn't a sea witch either. I felt like her look was supposed to be part Isle and part Auradon in a way.

Harry's end outfit has me laughing everytime I see it. Mainly because of the white ruffly ascot thing. It looks like he raided Captain Hook's closet 🤣. I mean, look.

 I mean, look

It looks just like it!

Also I found it funny that his pants at the end have plaid patches. Thomas Doherty is Scottish, so I wonder if that was more a tribute to him than Harry Hook lol.

Lastly, Evie's end dress. I thought it was beautiful except for the giant bows on her shoulder and hip.

Everytime I see it I just imagine the scene where Cinderella's step sisters start tearing her dress apart. Except it's me ripping the bows off Evie's dress.

They're just way too bulky for my liking and just don't look right. I think if you took off those bows it would look so much better. I would have rather it have a train or have the skirt slit down the side versus the bow.

Well, that's my thoughts.... What are yours? Let me know. -Meloetta246