27| E v e l y n (Part 2)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yes, I- I am." Evelyn never had a stuttering problem. And then he happened.

"Oh," He looked over to check what she was buying. "Which school you go?" He asked straightening his posture.

"Lakeview High." Evelyn replied, this time, no stutters.

"Great." He said and walked away.

Wait, I don't know his name. He didn't say his name, neither asked for mine. Evelyn's heart sank. Where would I find him now? Evelyn didn't even get his name, let alone number.

The next week school started. As it was first day, Evelyn put on a cute summer dress and just had a touch of makeup. When she entered the hallway, she noticed that guy with grey eyes and blonde hair right away. He was standing by the hallway, among a few other people. He was staring at Evelyn, from where he stood.

And Evelyn's heart beat came back, the thud thud came back. the sweaty palms came back, the dried out throat came back.

Then he smiled. She waited for him to make a move, to introduce himself but he didn't. He looked away. Evelyn's heart sank again.

Evelyn made friends in classes she joined. They told her everything, what's hot what's not, who's hot. who's not. At the end of the school day, she had a few friends behind her, she knew who exactly that guy was and she had taken a challenge. If he was playing hard to get, then Evelyn would see how far this Quinton Rogers could go.

When they passed each other in hallway, he would smile. Evelyn would held her head high and smile back. She would have her flocks of girls behind her who would 'ooooo' or cooed after he passed. Weeks passed, he still didn't make a move.

Evelyn was impatient. She won't make a move herself. They were playing hard to get and Evelyn had sworn to win. It was Quinton Rogers, he could take any girl any day. And Evelyn was Evelyn Reyes and she would show him, she could do the same.

The day, Evelyn thought she would talk to Max, Roger's best friend and get something out of it. She wore a cute outfit, with her hair straightened, nails painted, lipstick on her lips. Evelyn was ready. Until, Quinton stopped her in the hallways.

"So there's this party tonight, will you like to join me?" He said with that smile.

"Ye-No. No. I can't actually," They were playing hard and the rule was not to say yes. Evelyn wouldn't say yes. His smile didn't falter. Though he was a bit surprised.

"Why?" He asked leaning against the locker with the same posture.

"I have plans with my friends." Evelyn replied quickly, lying of course. Everything was fair in love and war. It was war.

"Oh, what plans?" He seemed relaxed like he had no other works to do other than asking Evelyn out.

"I have planned to throw them a surprise party." Evelyn lied.

"Oh, can I squeeze in then?" He asked.

"Nope. I don't think so. I don't think I can squeeze such a big group of friends of yours." She shrugged and tried to walk off but he held her wrist.

"Who said, my friends will be coming?" Quinton replied. He closed the distance and whispered into her ear, "It will be just me."

And that was it. Evelyn Reyes drowned.

So Evelyn had to go to one of her bitches, she had to arrange a freaking party which was not in any kinds of plan. She had invite people. She had to be ready. She had to look perfect. She had to wear the perfect dress, had the perfect makeup.