Chapter 566

Affecting the Foundations of a Country

The words "this imperial daughter" caused magistrate Lu's mind to explode with a "boom." As a magistrate of He Tian Prefecture, which was closest to the capital, he expended a bit of effort to ask about the officials of the capital. He knew that Da Shun only had Qing Le and Wu Yang as imperial daughters in the past, but Qing Le was nothing more than the daughter of a powerless lord, and she had already been demoted to a commoner. There was only one proper imperial daughter. Later on, Wu Yang was promoted to the position of palace princess, and the position of imperial daughter was given to one that felt surging emotions for Da Shun and felt hatred as soon as Qian Zhou was mentioned, Feng Yu Heng.

The girl before him had referred to herself as this imperial daughter. Looking again at her appearance and age, there was a bit of difference from imperial daughter Wu Yang, but it was definitely consistent with imperial daughter Wu Yang.

Magistrate Lu finally realized that he had made a life-threatening mistake. If this girl really was imperial daughter Ji An, he had borrowed the courage of a pack of wolves. Not only did he treat her as a maidservant, he actually sent her into the palace to become a concubine?

"I-I didn't know." Magistrate Lu said with a trembling voice, "I didn't know that you're imperial daughter. Didn't you say that you were from lord prime minister Fung's family?" Once this was said, he immediately realized that he was exhaling more than he was inhaling. The fingers wrapped around his neck were like iron vices. The strangling nearly caused him to faint.

"If this grandaunty was in a good mood, I could even say that I am the Emperor's daughter." She smirked, "But father Emperor does not have any daughters. I fear that this lie would be too easy to see through."

She called out father, and magistrate Lu's heart completely froze. With imperial daughter Ji An's identity out in the open, what hope did he have of living?

Magistrate Lu's heart felt cold, and even a feeling of death began to creep in. But Feng Yu Heng did not pay any more attention to him, saying to Ban Zou: "This slavery system is truly no good. Hiring people to work on production and labor is not blameless, but if one just relies on money and can even buy the life of the laborer, allowing them to decide on things like marriage and life, this is truly too inhuman."

Ban Zou asked her: "Then what do you feel would be good?"

Feng Yu Heng said: "Everyone should be their own entity, having freedom of love, marriage and work. Life must be free. Nobody is to have the right to control others. Even if they are the parents, they should only be able to provide the opinion, rather than having the sole right to make these decisions."

Not to mention magistrate Lu, not even Ban Zou could fathom what was being said, but Feng Yu Heng's servants felt that this was a good point. No matter what their master did, they were all firm supporters. Even if Feng Yu Heng was to rebel today, Ban Zou would be honorable and help her stab at Da Shun.

"Good." Ban Zou nodded, "When there comes a day that you have the right to decide what happens in the world, let's just try doing it."

Feng Yu Heng nodded brightly; however, magistrate Lu was already wanting to kill himself from what he had heard.

That's right, he wanted to kill himself. He understood the rules. He had seen something that he should not see, thus he would die. He had heard something that he should not have heard, thus he would die. Just now, they had said something about ruling the world. What exactly did imperial daughter Ji An want to do? Having heard this sort of grand plan, was there any possibility of surviving?

Just as he was thinking this, Feng Yu Heng finally remembered him. This time, she let go, throwing him to the floor with a "thump." She then asked him: "I said earlier that I would make you a deal, but you have not answered me. Do you agree or not?"