Chapter 545

Imperial Concubine Yun is Not in the Palace Again

Yuan Fei saying "My father is prime minister Fung Qing" nearly caused the magistrate to kneel in fear. The maidservant behind him did not quite understand what this meant and simply stood there wide-eyed in confusion.

Feng Yu Heng smiled slightly and "kindly" reminded: "The so-called prime minister is the court's prime minister and standard first rank high-ranking offical. In the court, there is only one person above him but countless others below him."

The maidservant trembled, and her legs gave out, causing her to kneel on the ground.

Huang Quan snorted coldly, "Do you still want the pastries?"

How could the maidservant dare to want the pastries. She just focused on kowtowing.

Feng Yu Heng took a glance and did not say anything; however, she gave Wang Chuan a look. Wang Chuan understood but smiled and looked at the magistrate, saying: "Since you are also an official of Da Shun, there is no need to be reserved. Although father is a standard first rank official, our young master does not have an official rank."

In regards to pretending to be the child of the prime minister's family, Wang Chuan was performing quite exceptionally. Feng Yu Heng thought that Wang Chuan must have done something similar in the past. In fact, even just alluding to the apricot wine caused Yuan Fei to develop a tacit understanding.

The magistrate heard Wang Chuan say this; however, he did not appear to relax. Although the opposition was without official rank, the person that they had named was the current prime minister. That person was indeed only below one and above countless others! Although he had some doubts about the identities of the people before him, he would rather mistake their identity than slight them. What if they were the real deal? Moreover, even if they were not, the opposition dared to fake their relations to such a high-ranking official. Thinking about it, they should be people with some background. Either way, he could not afford to offend them.

Feng Yu Heng pulled a chair over and gave it to the magistrate, "My lord, please sit."

The magistrate nodded and gave his thanks before gently seating his butt on the edge of the seat.

Yuan Fei's expression was dull and revealed that he did not wish to speak, leaving the discussion for Wang Chuan to handle. Seeing the magistrate sit down, Wang Chuan gave Huang Quan a look to hand the pastry over to the maidservant then had Feng Yu Heng cut a couple pieces and place them next to the magistrate. How could the magistrate dare eat them. He just sat there and listened to Wang Chuan chat with him idly, "I wonder where lord Lu is going on this trip?" Earlier, she had heard Huang Quan mention that this group would be going North. She had also received a meaningful look from Feng Yu Heng, thus she asked this question.

The magistrate immediately began to think upon hearing this question. He did his best to think of the relation between Fung Qing and the Duan Mu family of the North. He then judged that the prime minister had not yet made his position clear. When the third prince had lost power, he had not been arrested. When he had gained power, he did not seem to get close to him. As a whole, he should be in a neutral position.

Having made this judgment, he calmed down slightly and obediently said: "This lowly official is going to the North. Leader Duan Mu's birthday is coming up, and this lowly official is going to celebrate." Saying it like this, he expressed his sincerity and tried to use this to shock them.

The maidservant was able to understand his intention and added: "Our lord Lu's third daughter has married into the North. She is leader Duan Mu's twelfth concubine, and she is the most favored." When she said this, she was quite pleased. In her eyes, although a prime minister was important, the North was Da Shun's door to the North. The Duan Mu family was an existence similar to local royalty. For lord Lu to be related to the Duan Mu family through marriage, his status was naturally not as simple as just a sixth rank magistrate.