Chapter 544

Borrow an Identity

Pay respects to imperial concubine Yun?

The palace maid thought that if he truly could go and pay respects, she would not be in such a troubled spot. Imperial concubine, oh imperial concubine, you willfully left the palace; however, you never expected that his Highness the ninth prince and imperial daughter Ji An would send a child over, right? If this was anyone else, it would be fine if Winter Moon Palace did not grant them entrance, but this child had to be imperial daughter Ji An's younger brother, and it was his Highness the ninth prince himself that gave the order to send him here. Not only this, he said that they would not be allowed out until they returned from Qian Zhou.

Heavens! The palace maid looked at the sky and sighed. Return from Qian Zhou, that would need to be counted in years, right? Was this not just waiting for it to be exposed?

Feng Zi Rui saw that the expression on the palace maid's face was constantly changing and was very puzzled, "Won't you bring me to see imperial concubine? What are you standing there frozen for?"

Ying Cao was also puzzled, "Wasn't it said that the palace is very disciplined? Why does it seem to be lazy and strange?" The earlier eunuch was already not like a eunuch, so why was it that this palace maid also did not seem like a palace maid? In the past, the slave merchant had told her that once someone purchased her, that person would be her god. If her master was in danger, even if she had to put her own life on the line, she would need to block a sword for her master. Ying Cao had managed to figure out the relation between master and servant with great difficulty; however, it had begun to collapse after entering the imperial palace.

How exactly should one be a servant? She was still young. In the past, she had not interacted with anyone else aside from being beaten and cursed by the slave merchant?

For a while, the three looked at each other, and the atmosphere was quite strange.

After a while, it was the palace maid that managed to react; however, she told Feng Zi Rui: "Imperial concubine has already gone to rest at this time. How about paying respects tomorrow. This servant will arrange a place for young master to stay, is that alright?"

Feng Zi Rui looked up at the sky, and a trace of confusion appeared in his heart. He had been brought out of the military camp after noon. Apparently, a hidden guard had pressed on a pressure point to keep him unconscious. When he woke up, the sky was already dark. Having hurried along for an entire night, they finally entered the capital. Now, it was not even time for lunch, so what was imperial concubine Yun resting for? Would this be considered dozing off after waking up or an afternoon nap?

"Let's go!" The palace maid did not want to explain too much and copied Zhang Yuan, holding the child's hand, she advanced forward.

Finally, Feng Zi Rui and Ying Cao were brought to a guest room. The palace maid that welcomed them told him: "The bedroom inside will be for young master. The bed outside will be for the maidservant. Just sleep there for now." She then closed the door with a "thunk."

Ying Cao trembled with fear and carefully asked Zi Rui: "Young master, we shouldn't have been locked in, right?"

Zi Rui shook his head: "That's impossible. They just closed the door. They did not lock it from the outside. As long as we reach out and push the door, it will open. Moreover, do you know who imperial concubine Yun is?" Seeing Ying Cao shake her head, he said: "She is my brother-in-law's imperial concubine mother. Right, you've seen him. It's the ninth prince that wears the gold mask. That's why we're here. Our safety is guaranteed, but..."

"But what?" Ying Cao was a little nervous. After all, this was her first time coming into the palace. Although the eunuch and palace maid did not really look like servants, the imperial palace would naturally exude a pressure that was as though the sky was pressing down on her chest. This caused Ying Cao to feel as though she had returned to her days living under the slave merchant.