Large Dog

With the owner of the stable suddenly asking, everyone suddenly increased their vigilance.
Ban Zou and another hidden guard even moved to Feng Yu Heng’s side to protect her.

The owner of the stable was given a fright by their stature and repeatedly shook his hand:

“That’s not it. That’s not it. Do not misunderstand. Someone entrusted me with a message for a girl with the surname Feng as well as leaving behind something to be passed along.”

Huang Quan coldly asked:
“How did you know that our young miss’ surname was Feng?”

The person looked at Xuan Tian Ming and said:

“Two days ago, a group of people came here to buy horses. Right before leaving, one of the gentlemen gave me ten taels, telling me that a group would come to Xiao Zhou in a few days. This group would be led by a male and a female. The female is around 12 or 13 years of age, and the man wears a mask made of gold.”

While saying this, he shouted to a worker at the stable:

“Quickly go and bring the thing that was left behind!”

Not long later, a young clerk ran over with a bag in his hands to Feng Yu Heng. The owner of the stable said:

“This is the bag that was left behind on that day. I did not dare open it, but it feels very soft. It should be cloth.”

Ban Zou received the bag, and Wang Chuan went forward to open it. She then let out an “ah” sound. When she handed it over for Feng Yu Heng to look, she spoke with a trembling voice:

“It’s young master’s clothes.”

Feng Yu Heng immediately recognized Zi Rui’s clothes. Right before leaving, that child was wearing this set of clothes.

There were a few bamboo leaves on the sleeve that she had personally embroidered. The embroidery was quite ugly, and Zi Rui had laughed at her.

But no matter how much he laughed, he still happily wore these clothes.

Xuan Tian Ming reached out and held Feng Yu Heng’s shoulder to comfort her. He then asked the stable owner:

“Did those people stay in Xiao Zhou?”

The owner shook his head: “I don’t know about that. They only bought horses here then left money and this package. As for whether or not they remained in Xiao Zhou, good sir, look at how large Xiao Zhou is. If they went somewhere else to rest in an inn, I would not know about it!”

This person was speaking truthfully. Xuan Tian Ming nodded and did not continue to ask, but the owner of the stable thought a bit and asked:

“Listening to good sir’s accent, you should be from the capital, right? That group from two days ago did not sound like they were from the capital. The accents that they had, they should be people from the North.”

While saying this, he leaned forward and quietly said:

“As I saw it, they did not look like good people. Good sir, you absolutely must be careful.”

Feng Yu Heng anxiously asked:

“Did you see if that group had a child with them?”

Saying this, she reached into her sleeve and pulled out a silver ingot, handing it to him,

“Answer any question that I have. Speak the truth.”

The owner of the stable thought a bit and shook his head,

“I did not see one. There was no young child. They were all grown men, and they were quite burly.”

Reaching out to receive the silver, he nodded to give thanks.