Chapter 17

He was AT MY DOOR! Asking me to dinner!
" ummm well my mom isn't here and I was just about to hop in the shower.."
For a brief moment i could see his eyes become darker , his facil expression changed when I said that. And just like that it disappeared
" Well then it'll be just you and I? Well if you want to"
Of course I want to! I thought in my head
"Well let me shower quickly, you can stay in the living room and watch some t.v while I'm back. "

He came in and sat in the living room. I ran upstairs. So many things were running through my mind! He is IN my HOUSE! WE ARE ALONE!! I decided to take a shower and not think about him.
I walked down stairs fully dressed with minimal make up. I had put on a black striped romper with flat sandals. I made my hair into a bun. I put foundation and brown eyeshadow with lip balm on my lips.
"Wow you look stunning"
I blushed as he was telling me this
"I was thinking we could go out for Thai food. Or whatever you want ."
I thought about it and decided I didn't want that

" How about we go to five guys? They have the best burgers! Or you don't like it?" I said raising my eyebrows at him
" that sound fine. I never pegged you as a burger type of girl. I pictured you more of a fancy restaurant type" he said laughing as he held the door for me.
We walked in silence to the car. He opened the car door for him ( we were taking his car, which by the way was so cool! It was the new Mercedes Benz. Sleek black and blacked out rims. Tinted windows and it was just awesome )
"Before we head out , let me call my mom and inform her that I'm going out with you- I mean going out to eat. Notttttt going out, you know! " I said all flustered
He started laughing at me
"Relax I understand what you mean , call her so she won't be worried "
I dialed my moms number. It ring 3 times and then she answered
"Hey mom , just wanted to let you know I'm going out to eat ( do I dare tell her with who? Ugh she'll just ask a bunch of questions) with a friend. I'll be home later okay?
Cole was eyeing me as I said this

"Okay honey, be careful , bye love you"
"Love you to mom"
"Why didn't you just tell your mom it was me you are going out to dinner with?" Coke asked as I hung up the phone.

"Well because she'd ask questions and I don't know honestly "
We drove in silence when I realized I didn't know WHY he wanted to have dinner. I thought him and Melani were going to be spending the day together at their home!

"Cole why do you what to go out to dinner!? And nonetheless with me?! Before he could speak I continued talking 
Melani came by the office today and waited for you for almost 5 hours and then left. She said and I quote " I'll just wait for him at our home" ? So what's the deal?

He stared at me and seemed like he wanted to say something but decided against it. He didn't speak the whole ride. We got to Five Guys and went inside . I began to ordered what I wanted and so did he. I was about to pay when he quickly pulled out cash and paid. I didn't fight it. I was still thinking why he wanted to have dinner with me ? I couldn't wrap my head around it.

We sat at a table towards the back.

"Look I wanted to have dinner because I wanted to eat with someone and your my assistant. And I like your moms company but since she isn't around then it's just me and you. As far as Melani , she had a last minute trip out of state and SHE DOES NOT LIVE WITH ME. I never let her stay at my place . "

So I'm just disposable garbage when SHE isn't around?! I'm the one that has to keep him company when she isn't there? That's complete bullshit!

I don't respond to him I just shrugged and nodded. I wanted so badly to get out of here.
"Tell me what your thinking " he said , he was watching me intently. His eyes never left mine. I was in a dazed by just looking at him.

ORDER NUMBER 88
ORDER NUMBER 88!

"That's is I believe , I'll go get it he said".

After we ate we started talking about my life. He seemed genuinely interested.
We got back to my house around 10pm

" I had a really nice time tonight. I appreciate you coming with me to dinner. We should do this again, if you want of course."
I thought about it and I wasn't so pissed at him anymore .

"Sure maybe they'll be next time " I said as I hopped out of his car and went into the house .

Inside i found my mother asleep on the couch with the Tv on. I turned it off and went to my room . I changed into my pjs and got into bed. I thought about him and how he made me feel , I mean I know he's my boss but I feel a strong connection to him. I wanted to kiss him so badly tonight, he was being so charming and nice. But I had to remind myself he was engaged and he was my boss. Nothing could happen. I drifted off to sleep thinking of him.