Chapter 4 - Shut The Fuck Up

Chapter 4 – Shut The Fuck Up

{ l u k e }

          The Monday after Erica’s party, I was in no mood to return to school. I mean, after a weekend of partying and drinking, who in their right mind would want to go back to a place full of annoying teachers and gross school lunches? Spending the first seven hours of my day seemed like unfathomable yet inevitable torture.

          So that morning, as I lazily put on my school uniform—since our all boys school had a strict policy on that—I couldn’t help but smirk at my reflection as I tied my maroon tie around my neck, remembering once again the shenanigans at Erica’s party.

          The drinking, the dancing—Autumn.

          After I had gotten her to dance with me the first time, it seemed like the hatred—or, well, disliking—she had for me had slipped away and all that was on her mind was dancing and drinking the night away. Of course, I didn’t mind any of it because dancing with Autumn was literally the highlight of my night. That girl really knew how to move.

          Once I was ready, I grabbed my black backpack before exiting my room and going down the stairs, catching sight of my mother in the kitchen as she drank something out of a mug, which held a strong smell of coffee. “Morning, Luke,” she smiled. “Already heading out?”

          I nodded. “Yeah.”

          “Don’t you want anything proper for breakfast?” Mum questioned as I grabbed a red apple from the fruit bowl.

          “No, I’m good,” I shook my head, biting into the apple. “I’ll see you later,” I added, swallowing down the bite as I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before turning and leaving the house.

          The drive to the school was short, and once I got into the building, I headed right to my locker where I saw Calum, since his locker was right next to mine. “Hey, man,” he greeted as I approached him.

          “Hey,” I said, putting the combination into my locker before yanking it open. My eyes then wandered to Calum’s neck before I snorted. “Dude, cover your neck. Erica’s work is on full display.”

          I watched in amusement as Calum’s cheeks flushed a pink color before he pulled the collar of his button down higher, doing the same thing with his blazer before shooting me a smirk. “Don’t be jealous, Lucas.”

          I rolled my eyes, pulling out my math textbook and stuffing it in my backpack. “I’m not jealous of you and Erica,” I told him indignantly. “I’m pretty sure I did a number on that cute friend of hers.”

          Calum raised his eyebrows over at me. “Who? Danielle or Autumn?”

          “The season.”

          My tanned, Kiwi friend shot me a look to which I snickered at, causing him to roll his eyebrows. “Oh, my God—you’re so funny,” he responded, sarcasm dripping from his voice, causing me to laugh as I shut my locker. “But seriously? You hooked up with Autumn? How’d you manage that?”

          “It’s not like we kissed or anything,” I told him, shrugging as we began walking down the hallway. “Just a bit of dancing… And me leaving hickeys.”

          Calum laughed as we walked up the stairs. “Knowing Autumn, she’s probably either freaked out if she doesn’t remember what happened, or she’s just freaked out because she knows it happened.” I rolled my eyes in response, following Calum into the English Literature classroom.