Chapter 1 - Flash

here's the first chapter hope you enjoy it ok thanks

vote + comment

___________________________________________

Chapter 1 – Flash

{ a u t u m n }

          She was twenty minutes late.

          If anyone knows me better than I know myself, it’s my best friend Danielle, and she knows that I hated to wait for someone or something. It was a pet peeve of mine. I was always on time for everything, and punctuality was a big thing for me. Never had I ever missed anything because of running late, since I would either be there on time or five minutes before. It was a habit my dad had gotten me into, and a habit that was nearly impossible for me to quit. Like how some people can’t quit smoking or biting their nails. It’s weird.

          So here I was; leaning against the outside wall of H&M inside the city mall as I waited for Danielle to hurry her ass over here. We had planned this shopping trip throughout the week since we both had a ton of birthday money we wanted to blow (we shared the same birthday, which was amazing) and she was late. I leaned against the wall with my arms folded over my chest and my right hand tightly gripping my phone, waiting for it to vibrate so I could know if Danielle had texted or called me.

          It was fairly busy at the large mall, seeing that it was the weekend, so it wasn’t anything unusual. I had texted Danielle saying I was waiting for her outside H&M and that if she didn’t hurry I would simply shop without her – no matter how loner-like I would seem. I didn’t care, I just wanted to shop. But Danielle would’ve killed me, so my threat was kind of empty, but it got her to hurry up either way.

          As I waited for her, my eyes caught sight of a tall boy that stood in front of a vending machine across from me, by a pillar in the center of the mall. I tilt my head to the side, noticing how he was wearing a pair of the skinniest black jeans I have ever seen in my life, along with a blue and black plaid shirt. He had blonde hair, and a very nice side profile. So, when I realized how cute he was, I held up my phone indistinctly and subtly, sliding the lock screen up to go on the camera.

          Danielle and I always did this thing where if the two of us were ever out in public and the other wasn’t there with us and we saw a cute guy, we had to snap a picture of him and send it to each other. It was like an unspoken rule between us, and it’s been going on ever since we both got cell phones. So far we had tons of pictures of guys we found attractive, and we’d often just talk about that and compare some guys. This one wouldn’t be any different.

          So, as casually and indistinctly as possible, I held my phone and my thumb hovered over the circle to take the picture, and when I gently pressed down on it, I realized I had made the grave mistake of not double checking my cameras settings.

          As soon as the bright flash went off, my eyes widened and my body went instantly rigid as the tall boy’s head snapped over in my direction, eyes darting around to see where that bright millisecond light had appeared from. But then his eyes landed on my frozen state, and his eyebrows rose in curiosity.

          Oh, my God. Oh, my fucking God. Did I seriously just do that? Did I seriously just, so stupidly, forget to make sure that the damn flash was off before I took that picture? Feeling mortified at the moment would be an understatement, because I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole so I wouldn’t be standing here right now, having a curious yet good looking boy – who had a motherfucking lip piercing – stare at me in confusion before slowly making his way over to me.