Ep 13: The Dark Phoniex

Lightning crackled in the sky as rain poured down hard on Ponyville. Dr. Wolf was running from the post office after dropping off a letter for AppleJack. He wanted to get home and change into some new clothes.

Dr. Wolf burst into his home and sat down on the couch. "Oh boy. It's raining hard out there." He said as he took off his jacket and dried his tail.

"I know. It's never rained this hard before." Said Mrs. Wolf as she held a book in her hand.

"What do you have there?" Asked Dr. Wolf, as he got up and stood beside his lady.

"I was searching through the attic and found this old scrapbook. I think it's yours." Said Mrs. Wolf and she opened the scrapbook. The first thing she saw, was Dr. Wolf, as a pup. "Aw, you look so cute!"

Dr. Wolf chuckled. "I can't believe I forgot about this." He said and flipped to a page, that showed a key taped to the page. "What's this?" Dr. Wolf took the key off the page and looked at it. It had his initials on it.

"Do you remember putting a key in this scrapbook?" Asked Mrs. Wolf and Dr. Wolf shook his head. "Then what's the key for?"

"I don't know. But let's bring this to Twilight, maybe she knows." Said Dr. Wolf, as he placed the key in his wet pants. "After I change into some different clothes."

After changing his clothes, Dr. Wolf and Mrs. Wolf grabbed their umbrellas and ran to Twilight's castle.

Inside the castle, Twilight was doing research to find the next relic that could aid them to defeat King Hades. She was about to turn the page, when Dr. Wolf and Mrs. Wolf burst into the room.

"Dr. Wolf, Mrs. Wolf. So good to see you." Said Twilight as she hugged the two wolves. "What brings you here?"

"We found this key in my old scrapbook and wondered if you knew what it is for." Said Dr. Wolf and gave the key to Twilight.

Twilight looked at the key for a moment and gasped. "It's shaped like a phoniex. It's gotta be the next relic." She said and flipped to a page to a picture of a phoniex statue. "It's the Dark Phoniex relic."

"Wait a minute. The Dark Phoniex relic? The one that was used to destroy mountains with one single blast?" Asked Dr. Wolf, concerned about if Twilight was telling the truth. "Are you sure? Because if anypony gets their hooves on that relic, it could destroy everything."

"Yeah. But it was cleansed by light magic. So anypony with dark magic will destroy everything. But with light magic, that relic will be able to rescue ponies that are trapped inside ancient objects." Said Twilight and looked for the location of the Dark Phoniex.

"Like the Shield of Fire?" Asked Dr. Wolf, as he looked at the key that was next to the relic book.

"Yeah. Why?" Asked Twilight, as she continued to look for the Dark Phoniex relic's location.

"Because I feel it. I feel like somepony I know is trapped inside the shield." Said Dr. Wolf and looked at the Shield of Fire. The red jewel in the center glowed blue. "See?"

Twilight looked up from the book and saw the shield's jewel glow as well.

"Twilight? Doc? Oh finally! I managed to reach you guys!" Came a voice from the shield.

Twilight, Dr. Wolf and Mrs. Wolf gasped with tears in their eyes.

"Rainbow Dash! Is that you?" Asked Dr. Wolf, as he kneeled down.

"Of course, it's me! I've been trying to get to you for the past week!" Said Rainbow Dash. "What happened? Have you found the rest of the relics?"