"Oh. No, no! Your face is perfect." He gave himself a mental slap. Even for someone who adored cheese, that was over the top cheesy.

Yingyue's cheeks turn the same shade of cherry as her sweater.

He could feel his own skin heat up, too. Scrambling to salvage the situation, he added, "What I mean is you look wonderful today. Very pretty, in fact. Yeah..."

Now, she was even redder.

Jihoon tugged on the neckline of his turtleneck sweater. A line of sweat dotted his nape.

So much for his rescue attempt.

Thinking it was better to shut up, Jihoon waited for Yingyue to say something. The silence stretched. Was she ever going to speak? He hoped. And hoped. At the same time, he contemplated the possibility of kicking himself.

"Thank you--"

Finally.

"--Ah... you look great, too."

"Really?" Jihoon croaked out.

"Yes, I like your sweater."

He rubbed the soft, beige cashmere covering his torso. "Me too. It's very soft. Wanna touch it?" Dammit! Why did these stupid things keep coming out of his mouth? "Or no--"

"Sure!" Her eyes widened as if shocked by her own response. "I mean just to see if the material is as soft as you say it is."

Well, well, well... Maybe, just maybe, she wasn't immune to him, too. Grinning, he leaned forward, the edge of the counter digging into his abdomen. "Feel away."

With a nonchalant expression, she reached over and laid a hand on his chest. It stayed there for a second, then she pulled away. "You lied."

"I did?"

She nodded, serious. "Nothing soft there. On the contrary, it felt rock-hard."

At that, Jihoon let out a full-blown laugh, one that resonated from the depths of his diaphragm. "Miss Hu," he said when he recovered enough to speak, "by any chance, were you flirting with me?"

She frowned, unsmiling.

Uh-oh. What did he do now?

"Mr. Kang?"

"Y-yes?"

"If there's one thing I dislike..." She dragged the end of the phrase and dangled it in front of him.

Considering her fierce expression, there was not much he could do except bite. "Yes?"

"...it's having to spell out the obvious."

And then she smirked. Actually smirked. Then, as if nothing happened, she went back to typing, shutting him out before Jihoon could deliver a witty comeback. Not that his brain was functioning after being knocked down by the impact of that mischievous smile. If there was one thing Yingyue should know about him, however, it was the fact he was tenacious. She couldn't possibly think he'd let her get away after what she just did.

Clearing his throat, Jihoon stepped off his stool, rounded the counter, and stood next to her.

"What are you working on?" he asked.

"Hmm? I'm just checking on my investments."

Yingyue scooted a little. Whether it was to give him space or get away from him, he wasn't certain. Hopefully, it was the former. Although, it might be a little of both. Anyway, he peered at her screen, curious. "Investments?"