Chapter 17 - Rosane and Slender's history

(Your POV)

As I sat, Slender spoke, "Rosane, was a wonderful person. She was so kind to everyone she met. She would never harm a living creature, neither did she kill." Pausing for a moment he looked at me, then continued. "When I first met your mother we were kids, no older then 10 years. It was in this exact forest where we met."

~~~ Flashback to Slender 10yrs old ~~~

(3rd POV)

The forest was small, but lingered with fog. An intriguing story was told across a village. A boy who had no face, lures other children into the forest to play. Those children never return once they enter. Adults try to keep their kids away, but the incidents continued to happen, until one day.

A young girl and her family moved into the village and settled in a home right next to the forest. They seemed like a normal family with a mother, father, and a single child. But...somethings never stay normal.

"Why would this human family move in next to the forest. Don't they know what can happen to them?" Slender speaks to himself, as he watches the family from afar. "That young girl seems like a fine playmate. I will attract her once they are settled in, then we will see what happens next."

Young Slenderman began walking into the forest up to a home. He had lived there his whole life, with his parents and 3 brothers. When he got home he was greeted with hugs from all his younger siblings, and a kiss on the head from mother and father.

The slenderman family was cursed by a witch that started with Slenders great-great grandfather. No one knew exactly why they were cursed, but only knew they had to stay within the forest or consequences would happen.

~~~ Time Skip: Evening ~~~

(Young Slender POV)

I saw her, in the backyard playing on a swing set. She looked lonely, didn't seem like she had any sibling. I felt a little bad for them, but it wont matter once she is gone.

"Alright, time to get my plan into action." I though as I walking to the edge of the forest. I was in my human form, so she wouldn't have suspicion.

As I stood there, I took a deep breath and spoke aloud, "Hey!"

The girl stopped swinging, and turned around. She saw me, got up, and walked toward the trees.

"Um...Hello." She said shyly, looking at me.

"My name is Slender. Do you wanna play with me?" I ask putting on a friendly smile.

"I-I'm Rosane. You wanna join me on the swing set?" She asked pointing to it.

"I was thinking about playing Hide and Seek in the trees?" I say jestering towards the forest.

"Sure, that sounds like fun." She says less shyly, becoming happy and bubbly.

"Grab my hand, and I will guide us to an awesome area I know." I say extending my hand to her, and she hesitated grabbing it.

We walked for what seemed like a half hour before we got to a clearing. It had a huge rock in the center, and had flowers all across the area. We stopped at the edge, I let go of her hand, and she walked a bit forward as I stood still. Her back was against me, and it was a perfect chance.

"Well what do you think? Its a great spot, huh?" I say as she looked around, stunned by the beautiful area.

"It is very pretty." Rosane says kneeling down to look at the flowers growing.

"Thats it. Be distracted. For you will never know whats coming to you." I thought as a smile lurked upon my face.

As I lunged towards her, she seemed to have moved aside quickly.  I was stunned, and stumbled to the ground. I lifted myself up from the ground and looker her way. She was frowning, and her expression didn't seem all to nice either. It actually scared me a little.

"What are you trying to do?" Rosane says sternly looking my way.

"What does it look like?" I spouted back.

"Are you...trying to...hurt me?" Rosane says, as tears start to form on the edge of her eyes.

I look down, not knowing what to do next. No one ever cried when I tried to hurt them. They'd always be scared, scream, and run away. Never cry. It made me feel...guilty. I looked up at her, opened my mouth to say something, but she then spoke.

"If you want to hurt me, I wont hold back either." Rosane says. 

She then shifted. I was shocked, not knowing who she was. She became slightly taller, her hair grew a little longer, and her face became almost non-existent. She still had eyes and a mouth, but the rest was gone. I was at a loss of words, I only stared as her transformation was complete. She then stood in a fighting stance waiting for my next move.

I stood up, stared at her, then spoke, "Are you a half breed Slender-person?"

She was shocked at my statement, then responded, "No. This is my real self. Now, fight human."

"But... I'm not human." I say as she became puzzled with my reply.

I then began to shift my form. I to became my original Slender-person self. Rosane began to relax, but shock was plastered on her face.

"So...your a slender-person to?" Rosane asked.

I nodded as a reply. Then she began yo laugh. I started to laugh as well. We both layed on the grass and continued laughing for a short while. Once we calmed down, silence rolled over as the evening became night.

I sat up and said, "Well since all this crazy stuff happened, do you wanna be best friends?"

Rosane sat up and replied, "I would like that. Let's be the best of friends!"

~~~ Flashback End ~~~

(Your POV)

"After that day, Rosane and I introduced eachother our family. They got along great. We became very best friend. As we grew older, she became distant. Eventually she vanished and we hadn't spoke since she diappeared." Slender spoke, sadness in his tone.

"Im sorry. It seemed like you were family." I say looking down, twiddling my thumbs.

"I guess you could say that. But that's in the past. I have a whole new family to take care of, and your part of it." Slender says putting a hanf on my shoulder.

I look up at him, tears about to form. Slender then suddenly pulled me into a hugging embrace. Hesitantly, I hugged back, silently crying on his shoulder. He began rubbing my back to calm me down, which worked.

Pulling away from the hug, I spoke, "Thank you Slender. I needed that." I sniffled.

"Your welcome, (y/n). Now, head off to bed, it very late." Slender said as he stood up.

I nodded and headed up the stairs. As I got to the top I called down, "Good night Slender."

He replied, "Good night (y/n)."

And with that, I headed to my room, and he went to his office. I soon fell asleep, unknowing what tomorrow will bring.