Chapter 1 - The truth

(3rd POV)

You groaned at the sound of the alarm clock going off. Hitting the snooze, the time said 7:00 am. Rolling on your back, you stared at the bedroom ceiling.

Its currently Saturday, and you didn't have any plans this weekend. Your friends were all out of town, so you had no one to hang with.

You did enjoy your friends company at school. You got decent grades and enjoyed school because the teachers were nice. You only disliked that you've had bullies since middle school. They haven't done anything to serious except name calling and occasional shoving in the school halls. You try to ignore them most of the time.

Still, looking at the ceiling, you decided to get up and be productive. Climbing out of bed you walked towards the dresser, picked out clothes, then headed towards the bathroom. You took a nice hot shower, got dressed, brushed your teeth, and combed your hair after it dried.

Heading back to the bedroom and set the dirty clothes in the laundry basket you checked your phone, it was currently 7:45 am.

"(y/n) time for breakfast!" Dad called from the kitchen.

You set your phone in your pocket and walked out the bedroom door. The fresh aroma of breakfast in the air smelled wonderful as you walked towards the kitchen. You stop in the doorway seeing dad make pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs.

"He always enjoyed cooking when he can, and so did I." You thought.

"So, whats the occasion for pancakes?" You asked as he finished making the last pancake and placing them all on the table.

"Just thought it'll be a good starter for something important to tell you." He replied as he sat down at the table. "But, I won't say until after breakfast." He continued with a big grin on his face.

"Um...okay?" I replied sitting across from him grabbing the first pancake.

*15 minutes pass*
(Your POV)

When we both finished breakfast, I helped dad wash the dishes, and he urged me to sit back down at the table.

"Alright, what's so important you wanted to say?" I sarcastically asked after a minute of silence.

"Its about time I told you the truth of your mother." Dad replied with frown. "I've told you the story about how kind and loving your mother was, and how she passed away giving birth to you." He paused for a moment but continued, "But, I never told you who she truly was."

I look at him puzzled and said, "What do you mean who she truly was, I dont und-."

Dad interrupts me before I could finish. "Your mother was no ordinary human, infact she was no human at all." Taking a breath he sighed and continued. " Your mother was a Slender-person."
_________________________________
A slender-person is a thin, unnaturally tall humanoid with a featureless head and face. They lerk in forests away from normal humans, that have no contact with the outside world. No one has actually seen one in person and lived to tell.
_________________________________

I look at dad and started to hysterically laugh. "Ha-ha-ha, good one dad you got me there. Now what's the truth about who mom was?" I asked.

I look at dad and he stares back with his serious face. I stop laughing... still looking at him, but I started to ask questions.

"Wait your serious? But slender-people aren't real, a-are they? B-but... mom is human...you showed me pictures as I grew up." I spoke a bit low, i almost started to tear up as I finish speaking. I looked down at my hands.

Dad spoke, "Yes slender-people are real. Your mother was one of them, and she did pass away giving birth to you. But (y/n) the pictures I showed you are of your mother, only in her human form. She can change her appearance however she pleased, and she did that to not get noticed by others or the police."

He stopped talking, and started to dig in his hand in his pocket to pull out his wallet to find something. He slipped out a folded piece of paper. As he unfolded it, he set it on the table and slid it towards me. I saw and it wasn't an ordinary piece of paper, it was a picture... of dad and... mom, but not as a human, as a slender-person.

My mind was racing to ask more questions, but nothing came out. I just sat there looking at the photo more closely. Dad was holding the camera as he was trying to take the picture, his arm was around mom. She has no face, no ears, no hair, but she is a women you can tell that. I noticed she had a hand placed on her belly.

I set the photo down, turned it towards dad and asked, "Is... is that m-me in there?" I was pointing to moms belly. Dads only reply was a nod of yes.

I spoke again this time looking at dad, "So... am i a slender-person to?"

"You are only half, and the other half is human just like myself. Although when I met your mother, I wasn't sure if there were any more of her kind, I've asked her once but she never responded so I dropped the issue. So, in all, you might be the last of the slender-person kind." He replied to my question.

I stood up, excused myself from the table, and headed upstairs into my room shutting the door without saying another word. Dad didn't come after me, but allowed my alone time to think.