Chapter 2 - Into the Forest

(3rd POV)

You lay on your bed thinking about what just happened. All sorts of thoughts just flood in and cause a headache.

You decided to go out and get some fresh air. "Dad, I'm heading outside for a bit." you called to him. As a response you heard a 'mmhhm' and walked to the backdoor.

You walk out and sat in a recliner chair on the back portch. The warmth of the sun hitting your skin relaxes your mind a bit as a cool air rolls in.

After a half hour you got up and decided to take a stroll into the forest behind the house. There was a specific path that you followed so you wouldn't get lost. Dad knew about it and was okay, as long as you got home before dark.

You walked until the path brought you upon a grass clearing with a large rock near the center. Walking up to the stone you saw initials carved on the side, it was of dad and mom. You smiled a little to yourself and climbed to the top of the rock.

The walk to the clearing was only 5 minutes back to the house, so you stayed there a while laying and thinking.

You thought, "What do I do now? Its a bit strange to think I'm a halfbreed, but I'm a little in shock about who mom was. I still love that she helped in any way she could, but..." a sigh escaped with a yawn afterwards. Looking at your wrist watch it was around 3:30 pm.

Your eyes were getting heavy and the thought of a nap in the sun sounded pleasant, especially with sunscreen you had on. You closed your eyes to the serene sound of the quiet forest.

*Hours passed*

You finally woke up, and noticed the sun setting as your eyes adjusted. 8:52 pm your watch said. Watching the sunset for a few more minutes in peace, you decided to get down.

[Snap] goes a twig

You jumped slightly looking where you heard the sound. Nothing was there...
Your heart started to race, but you aren't as scared.

"Heh, must of been a deer." Chuckling lightly to yourself, you started to get down from the rock, but hear another snap of a twig.

"Hello? Is someone there?" You called into the forest, but no answer.

You quickly got down from the rock but stopped as you heard something walk up behind you and stop a few feet away. The footstops were heavy and large. Stairing at the stone you froze in fear hearing what came next.

"Child, what is your name?" A soft but raspy voice spoke in your ear.

You didn't answer, instead quickly turned around with your back to the rock, but no one was there. You jumped again as you hear someone yell.

"(Y/n) time to come home." It was dad, you were releaved and walked on the path back home.

"See you again, (y/n)." The same voice spoke again.

You rushed home without looking back. Though you wished you had, because a deep feeling in your gut said to see who spoke to you. Instead your body looked ahead until you reached the backdoor, at this time you looked into the forest. No one was there.

You headed inside, ate supper, and got ready for bed. You couldn't sleep for a few hours thinking about what's in the forest. Your eyes went heavy and you fell asleep.